Suppressed AR hunting-Is anyone less than impressed or just me?

I noticed on my 12.5" 6.8 SBR that if i adjusted the gas block with the action dry and got it to lock back on empty mag. I would lube it up and it runs great even really dirty.
That along with a H2 buffer it is nice and soft recoil and i cant tell any difference between it and my 16" 6.8s noise wise. Plus the brass isnt near as dirty as it use to be.
A little tinkering and it doesn't take much to fine tune them.

It is so important to keep good notes while you are tuning. Makes troubleshooting easier and helps to get future rifles tuned in faster.

There's a lot going on with a new gun, sighting in the scope, a new load, an adjustable gas block and a new suppressor-all at the same time. Add to that you can't always follow the required steps in one session due to life commitments, weather, and range availability.

Good notes would have helped me not lose track of where I was in the process. You can get away with less on a plain scoped gun, but add in the gas block and suppressor and it's critical.

Last edited:
I have to say I think I have finally got my Rifle tuned in. It took three different Buffers but it seems the EH Buffer from Heavybuffers finally made it work right.

Originally Posted By: daddyfleaI have to say I think I have finally got my Rifle tuned in. It took three different Buffers but it seems the EH Buffer from Heavybuffers finally made it work right.

Well I was totally wrong. I solved the problem for sure now. Gunsmith says my AR10 is out of time but no one knows how to fix it. Before you start with Adjustable Gas Block and Heavy Buffers, mine has had all this done to it with no effect.

23jshhj.jpg

Back