Varget & 65 Game Kings

Folks,
Sierra lists neither Varget or CFE223 for the 65 Game King . Seems like they are including the 63 grain bullets with the 65s .
Are you gentlemen that use those powders with good results getting your loads from published data ?

Thanks a lot to all the contributors for your information sharing.

SemperFi
Soup

1/7 twist.. I have 1/9 twist and it shoots the 69 gr sierra BT better than lighter bullets.. 25.3 varget and 69s gets me around 1/2 inch..

The Sierra 69 match shoot sub moa .

I'm trying to get a 65 Game King - an expanding hunting bullet to shoot as good .

Soup

If you're just shooting vmnts./predators with yours the 69 Nosler Comp. worked great for me, with great terminal ballistics to long-range (probably be the same with Sierra's version). I used the 65 SGK also and thought it was the best until I tried the 69 TMK which is wonderful.

Originally Posted By: soupWith a 1/7.7 twist that's about as light as I can go according to Krieger .
Soup

That's bullspit. I would recommend you take a look at the 60gr hornady hp or 55gr sierra sbk.

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorOriginally Posted By: soupWith a 1/7.7 twist that's about as light as I can go according to Krieger .
Soup

That's bullspit. I would recommend you take a look at the 60gr hornady hp or 55gr sierra sbk.

I agree, my most accurate AR barrel, to date, is a 1/7 twist shooting Hornady 55gr soft point bullets. The same barrel also does equally as good with the 65 gr Sierra and the 75 gr Hornady BTHP but not any better. I have also had good results with 50 gr bullets too. Barrels are uniquely individual, you just have to try different stuff. Start with the bullets that you want to shoot. The barrel will decide if it will shoot them to your satisfaction.

Originally Posted By: sscoyoteIf you're just shooting vmnts./predators with yours the 69 Nosler Comp. worked great for me, with great terminal ballistics to long-range (probably be the same with Sierra's version). I used the 65 SGK also and thought it was the best until I tried the 69 TMK which is wonderful.

I agree also that the 69gr TMK's work great for coyotes.

I went from 53gr Vmaxes to 65gr GK's then tried the 69gr TMK's and the 69s worked far better then the first two for me.
smile.gif

Back