Shotgun scope on rifle

dan158

How many do this? I am looking for a good low end scope with decent FOV and not out to break the bank.. I highly doubt it will be used over 150yrds on an AR.. I was looking at Leupold VX-1 Shotgun/Muzzleloader Scope with turkey reticle.. Thanks... Dan

I have done the same thing with one of my drillings(16ga/16ga/6.5x58R Sauer) that I use for coyote hunting. I mounted a Leupold VX-1 1-4x20mm, it works just fine and off the bench it will shoot sub MOA groups a 200 yards.

I believe the only difference between a shotgun scope and a rifle scope is the shotgun scope has the parallax adjusted to 75 yards instead of 125 on the rifle version and on a low power scope that makes little difference at longer ranges out to 200-300 yards.

I have one on a Rem 760. I like how the turkey reticle seems to more quickly center on the target and yet I still have the cross-hairs. The one thing to keep in mind is these scopes will have parallax set closer, usually 75 yards.

I have used similar reticles with success. I used a 3-9x40 Bushnell with the diamond reticle and I love it. We call it the diamond of death. Fast acquisition and easy to use at those kinds of ranges. I am currently running a Nikon 4-12x40 Coyote special on my .308 AR-10 and love it. They may not be the best at tight groups, on paper, but they sure allow fast shots on moving targets. I dropped a coyote at 287 yards while it was at a full sprint. Made it a lot easier.

Back