Heres one for you all

A slight cam over, if needed, is not that big of a deal.

I don't recall if you've mentioned this or not but does your brass even need to be bumped back yet, is it snug in the chamber or does the bolt close with ease when you chamber a piece of fired brass?

Originally Posted By: GLShooterBTW what bushing size are you using?

Greg

I found the problem.. There wasn't enough lube on the case.. It must of been dry on one side..
I lubed with finger and problem solved..
I use rcb lube and case lube pad along with lymann neck powder. Could it of been that simple??
It wasnt one piece of brass it was all that I tried wouldn't go up in no matter how hard pushed down on the handle....
Never had that happen with rcb dies.. But this is my first redding bushing die..

Originally Posted By: GLShooterJust my assessment here.

Throw that crap and that pad in the trash and use Imperial Sizing Wax or Hornady One Shot.

Rant off.

Greg

Imperial works for me.
If you'll take a Q-tip and run a little smear around the inside of the necks the expander ball will run in and out as smooth as silk.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: GLShooterJust my assessment here.

Throw that crap and that pad in the trash and use Imperial Sizing Wax or Hornady One Shot.

Rant off.

Greg

Imperial works for me.
If you'll take a Q-tip and run a little smear around the inside of the necks the expander ball will run in and out as smooth as silk.

No expander, bushings.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: GLShooterJust my assessment here.

Rant off.

Greg

Imperial works for me.

No expander, bushings.

Greg

Oops.
I forgot that little detail!

lol.gif

I dont turn necks and just use bushing dies to change calibers for different cats on the same case and to only have to minimally size the necks, work the brass as little as possible an keep consistant neck tension. I keep the expander balls in.

I have a 25 caliber nylon brittle brush in a handle that I rub a little Imperial on with my finger and run it through the neck to clean(I don't tumble brass) and lube them. I keep a little Imperial on the thumb and forefinger of the hand I pull the handle with and just smear a little on the outside of the neck and body, I can usually get 10 or so cases before swiping my finger across the tin again. It takes so little that I've had the same tin on the shelf for years.

I hate One Shot it is the only lube I've stuck a case with, it takes too long for it to dry. I used to use a lanolin/alcohol based pump spray from Franklin Arsenal that dried quickly.

Last edited:
I never seen imperial wax at the gunshop..
So I will get some ordered.. I heard about one shot and seen it at gunshop though.. I think I used it once before.. Not sure why I quit though.. Maybe it was the smell from the can.. But will get something other than what I have now.. Yes no expander ball.. If I got a dinged up case mouth I save in a box and someday I run them with ball in a regular die to round them out.. Thanks all for your help and input.. Dan

^^ I use a little trick this guy mentioned once... a small pair of needle nose gently turned inside a case neck with round that sucker right out. I did 200 6.5x47 brass just yesterday before running them through a 6x47 die. I wasn't using an expanded ball since I was actually on my way to 22 necks.

That Imperial is good stuff! I probably have been using it since the 90's.
But one thing that I have found - if sizing the long cases such as 7mag/300mag's, I would have to lube my fingers each time that I lubed another casing. The reason being I would get different "head space" reading if they weren't lubed the same amount each time.

Once I figured that out - then the casing were all coming out really good on the "head space".

I usually just bump the shoulder .003 on most every cal.

Try the One Shot paste in a tin. Every bit as good as Imperial and I can get it local. The spray isn't bad but the paste is really good. A little dab will do ya!!

Back