how many rounds

why

How many rounds, in general, will a suppressor (centerfire)last before it craps out. Not talking about mag dumps or really hard use.

Originally Posted By: whyHow many rounds, in general, will a suppressor (centerfire)last before it craps out. Not talking about mag dumps or really hard use. Just a wild a$$ guess....never

I've got one particular can that has over 8K down it and the only difference between the day I received it and now, is it's tone and it's coating.

I can see erosion on the BB which is eventually going to happen, nothing to the point of needing anything replaced yet. I'll let you know when she goes down, pry got another 10K kills in her I'm assuming!

+1 LOL!! Skinney hit it on the head.

I use a YHM muzzle brake as my QD device which also acts as my sacrificial blast baffle. That way if the brake errodes, so be it, I will just replace it. Some suppressors have replaceable blast baffles for that reason. So if that is a concern of yours you might look at those options. I think that life span of a suppressor goes along with the concerns some shooters have with barrel life. Not too many guys going to shoot them to a point where it becomes an issue.

Back