Ruger AR Scope

McGraw

I've have had a stock Ruger AR 556 for a year or so. Really have enjoyed it and now would like to put a optic on it. Seems like I really have to bear down on the stock to get a good sight picture through the irons, so I think I will like the added height of the optic. Here's what I'm thinking in my budget. Warne X-Skel mount with either VX-1 2x7x33 or the Leupold hog scope that Cabelas sells, think its 1-4x20 with pig plex-rect. The 2-7 is 70$ cheaper right now. Also one of those Aimpoint pros look interesting, but have never even looked through a red dot and don't even know if a magnifier is needed or not. I'm pretty old school and don't want this thing to look like a [beeep] erector set anymore than it already is. I want to use it calling some and to ketch pigs in farm circles. Close to 150 yards. What say you , Thanks.

Well I guess Midway solved my problem early this morning. Looks like they had just put some factory refurbished leupold scopes up for sale. Went ahead and bought a VX-1 3-9x40 for 130$. They had free shipping today and got the Warne x-SKEL AR mount also for a total of 240$ to my door. May not be the perfect setup, but I sure think it will be a good quality setup. Wil let you know how the refurbished scope turns out.

Thanks Catdog and Brad. Got the new scope in and got it mounted on the Ruger last night. The Leupold scope came in a brown cardboard box with a Leupold sticker and different model number plus said Blimished. Inside that box was original box and number with scope that matched that number. Scope was made in 2016. The only thing I could tell was wrong was a slight blotchy spot by the gold ring right under the objective. I had to get my reading glasses on to even see that. I bet it was just sent back for that and they had to sell it as blemished, anyway I'm very happy with it and would do it again for a project like this. Very happy with the Warne X-SKEL mount also, very very well made and made in USA to boot.

Originally Posted By: McGraw Scope was made in 2016. The only thing I could tell was wrong was a slight blotchy spot by the gold ring right under the objective. I had to get my reading glasses on to even see that. I bet it was just sent back for that and they had to sell it as blemished.

My money says that is a brand new scope that went straight from Leupold to Midway because of the blemish in the finish. I'll bet they just save them up till they have a bunch then wholesale them out as an entire lot to places like Midway. Great score!

Back