World Championship Coyote Calling Contest

BAMIT

you can go to worldchampionshipcoyotecallingcontest.com and get entered for this years event. Its 325.00 per team...had a few calls on this. Get entered and we will see you there.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZSince it's a private org shouldn't they be a sponsor to post here? Especially at 325 a team?

They are not posting or selling anything.

It would be very helpful to know when, where and the rules. I contacted around the first of the year and was told I could not know anything about it without first entering. That makes it hard to put in for vacation.

Originally Posted By: CZ527It would be very helpful to know when, where and the rules. I contacted around the first of the year and was told I could not know anything about it without first entering. That makes it hard to put in for vacation.

Go to there web site and read. You have to have a sponsor that invites you in to the group. Not sure how they can call this a championship. Much less a world championship. Looks like it's not what you know, but who you blow.

Originally Posted By: barkOriginally Posted By: CZ527It would be very helpful to know when, where and the rules. I contacted around the first of the year and was told I could not know anything about it without first entering. That makes it hard to put in for vacation.

Go to there web site and read. You have to have a sponsor that invites you in to the group. Not sure how they can call this a championship. Much less a world championship. Looks like it's not what you know, but who you blow. I take this "Championship" very serious! Might want to watch what you say about it!

Perhaps you can tell us why it's such a big secret? Why is there a referral process?

I have dug into the very complicated website enough to see that it should be the first weekend in December, but where?
Just a state would be fine.

I wouldn't be as blunt as bark in describing it, but it's obviously very clicky, and very secretive.

Under any circumstances, the original poster in this thread would do quite well.

Far as I know it alternates Williams and Elko year to year. Think it's Elko this year but I don't pay any attention to it. It's never been much of a secret that I could tell.

Why it should be kept on the down low seems pretty obvious though.

- DAA

If by obvious you mean the anti protestors then yes, but heck a state wouldn't hurt!

I don't really know that I'd care to participate, but I guess I won't have the opportunity if I have to fork over $325 to get a set of rules and a location. That's the part I considered secretive- the rules mostly.

I guess what put me off, was to claim you are a world champion, but to limit yourself to those you or your buddy know. Championships usually have a way for discretionary selection. Either a play off system, or be a winner at certain contests to earn a spot at the championship.

The local high school won a state championship. They were really proud of themselves. The thing is they created a special class and took the top 6 schools and forced them into a different class, opening the way for the lower schools to win. That's not how I would want to win. I would want to win by beating the best available.

It seems to me like worlds has really opened up and anyone that really wanted to hunt it could. I know some guys hunting it this year and who has won it multiple times.... anyone entering this one will truly be hunting against the best in the business

The best are not seem or heard. They go about their business quietly and without fame. Like everything else, once $$ gets involved, it's more about the $$ than the sport, like the "World Series" where only US teams can participate, like the "world" champions of the NFL (National Felons League). No thanks.

Geezuz guys...if you dont realize what has been happening the last few years with coyote hunting in regards to the political climate...you really have not been keeping up...at all. Thus the covertness.

And...no..hunting contests will never be bracketed like football or bass tournaments etc. Sorry but that will not stand with people in this country, for good or bad, and IMO would damage hunting more than any fortune and glory is worth..to anyone.
Mark

Last year it was in North Eastern AZ, Holbrook. Close to where the AZ state champ was run.

Things may have changed, but the group that has the Worlds title, leases it out, and it wasn't run as good as the AZ state hunt last year. (not just my opinion, heard it from many, that went to both)

Hopefully it goes better this year.

The AZ state contest was really nice, everyone seemed to have a good time, and liked the hall where they did the check in and banquet. (for a lot less money)

Each year things get better as organizers get better and learn from other contests. One thing for sure, is that a hunt that has more than 30 people, is a lot of work. Some take it very seriously, and make running it harder. Like the guys that feel the need to stand or get in the way at check-in. As if someone doing weigh-in even knows who's coyote are being weighed, other than team number. When you are weighing 100+ coyotes it's an assembly line and sore shoulders.

As much problems with protestors that this website has had in the past with just trying to have a convention, no contest involved, it shouldn't surprise anyone that a large contest such as this would need to keep a few things under the radar. Heck, the one year I went to this contest, we were met at the gate by armed security. That right there tells me they've had their fair share of problems with protestors in the past.

Originally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: barkOriginally Posted By: CZ527It would be very helpful to know when, where and the rules. I contacted around the first of the year and was told I could not know anything about it without first entering. That makes it hard to put in for vacation.

Go to there web site and read. You have to have a sponsor that invites you in to the group. Not sure how they can call this a championship. Much less a world championship. Looks like it's not what you know, but who you blow. I take this "Championship" very serious! Might want to watch what you say about it!
BIG JOKE
The WCCCC® is a private invitation only organization consisting of the finest coyote chasers in the world! People who love and respect the amazing coyote and wish to meet, talk with, and share their great adventures with others while chasing the wonderful coyote! We are a membership organization and none of our activities are open to non members, the public, the media, or anyone else without an invitation. We hold free activities for our members in good standing each year as part of their membership including our annual gathering and banquet. All activities have paid security to insure that only member attend the activity. Every person trying to enter the area will be screened.

Look us over and see if you qualify as a member. ALL memberships require a sponsor (a current member) and details about you to meet those requirements are shown on this site. Join the best coyote chasers in the world!

Cmatra, I hear about these coyote gods that live under a rock and are never heard from but until I see them compete I have no way to know they exist. i follow many coyote hunters and can tell the difference between a guy like me and they kind of guy that can win that caliber contest. If you know guys that would beat them all hands down, I'm not sure why they don't enter and take the free money. I already have side bets on this years winner lol

haha.. ya, if you can't go out and put AT LEAST 5 coyotes in the truck in a day consistently, you are not in their class. Plenty of guys i know refuse to admit it, and willingly contribute to the pot with little chance of getting the payout.

Anyone can win on any given day, but, these are not anyone showing up to this one.

I will hunt at his contest one day but I don't throw money away. If I enter a contest I have a good chance of winning if I won't hunt it

Back