Big Hog

daddyflea

This one Field Dressed at 340. It was removed from the muddy field with a 4 Wheeler so it is kinda Muddy.

2ywalqs.jpg

Tdgg6o4.jpg

YXKa3nR.jpg

That beast runs snout, to head, to shoulders without much of a neck. Nice Hog. whats the story behind it and the rifle.

Story is we walked into a very Muddy plowed field and saw Hogs on the far side. As we were walking to them this one stepped out unexpectedly. Shot behind the ear with my 308 168gr and shoulder with a 300 Win Mag. Hog was very hard to drag out with a 4 wheeler because of the mud.

My Rifle is not completely healthy. I think the Hydraulic Buffer is giving me trouble. I am using loads that I have been shooting for years with no pressure and getting blown primers. but only happens with Suppressor. I replaced the Hydraulic Buffer with the stock buffer and it seems much better.

This is a DPMS Recon with a Pulsar 960 Night Vision and a Pulsar 915T Laser IR. The Rifle is in 308 using 168gr AMAX with 42.5 grs R15. It has a SLR Adjustable Gas Block and a Silencerco Omega Suppressor on it with a wrap.

This Hog is the biggest Hog brought to the Packing Plant so far. Makes you wonder about those 400lb hog claims. If the dressing reduces by 20% this Hog would have weighed 408 on the hoof and the Packing Plant has not seen any bigger. Before this 323 was the record.

Thanks for the Info on your Rifle. I like it, I have been using 168gr Load by Black Hills in my R25, with an ATN Night Vision Scope. Everything is working real well. I am also working on a couple of Hand-Loads for the R25.

Originally Posted By: TheOldMan1Thanks for the Info on your Rifle. I like it, I have been using 168gr Load by Black Hills in my R25, with an ATN Night Vision Scope. Everything is working real well. I am also working on a couple of Hand-Loads for the R25.

Hope you have luck with the R25. I had one and it was the least accurate Rifle I ever owned.

Back