Coon Calling

vahunter

Starting this hunting season we will be allowed to use e-callers for coon. Thought I would ask here about good sounds to use from fox pro so I can get ready. Thanks

Ive been wondering the same thing.
The Alpha Dogg has some racoon calls on it just haven't tried any yet.

Last edited:
Coon puppies and coon fight worked well when I use to call. Just do not keep the speaker too close or you might find one climbing your leg.

Originally Posted By: Night EyesCoon puppies and coon fight worked well when I use to call. Just do not keep the speaker too close or you might find one climbing your leg.

I had heard they will come in ready to fight. BTW I'll see you at the show on Saturday and maybe pick your brain a little on coon calling.

Originally Posted By: Night EyesCoon puppies and coon fight worked well when I use to call. Just do not keep the speaker too close or you might find one climbing your leg.

What he said. Coon fight has produced nearly every time for me so far.

Coon puppies/fight works great. I use a decoy and sit about 25 yards downwind or crosswind of a den tree. I like the 12 gauge for this. If somethings not out in five minutes I'm gone on to the next den tree.

coon fights of any kind work good. many times even if they don't come down they will come out and look so scan all the trees in sight not just the ground. ive spotted them 400yds away just sitting in a tree trying to figure out whats going on.

I realize this post is a bit old, and I'm not trying to steal anything from op but could someone give some tips on finding den trees? I've attempted coon calling for a while now calling old houses/barns, brush piles, and even what I thought were den trees producing nothing every time. We have tons and tons of coons in the area and I'm sure that none of them have ever been called.

Large hollow trees, many times having open holes or crevices around the base of the tree somewhere. Beech trees are always good, large oaks. Any trees that are hollow & the bigger the better. Look up high on the limbs too, usually more than 1 entrance & exit.
These trees can be anywhere in the woods. I coon hunted plenty in my younger years and learned to watch for den trees when in the woods but many times the coon & hounds led me to them.

Back