First custo barrel order

igor

I have been shopping around and about to order my first custom barrel. My gun smith likes Noveske. He has not mentioned the 2 most mentioned barrels on this forum, white Oak and Black Hole. White Oak and Black Hole appear to run about $150 cheaper for what I assume are comparable barrels. I don't want to start a Pennzoil vs valvoline debate but I would not mind saving $150. Is the Noveske worth the extra $150. $450 is my budget for a barrel but $150 is the better part of a Giesle, but the RRA trigger already on the lower is good for hunting. . I'm putting it on a RRA lower and I think I want an 18 inch.

Last edited:
Noveske use to run BHW barrels. I don't see the current ones they use out shooting the ones on my guns. All three will shoot. Sometimes branding makes pricing changes regardless of quality. Noveske charged more for the BHW tubess before and they were the same as the manufacturer was selling.

Your build has to make you smile. Your choices are what counts.

Greg

I have both. A BHW in 204 and a Noveske in 5.56. Although setup for different purposes, they both shoot great. I don't think you'd notice the $150 difference by going with the Noveske over BHW. I don't have any experience with the WOA. Save the money and buy more ammo or a nice trigger.

I've got a BHW 20" .264 LBC and I am very impressed with the accuracy. Agree with the other posters. Save the money and get a great trigger or optics.

I noticed that on Pac-Nors site when you go to ar barrels in sends you to Noveskes site. Are they made by pac-nor or just work together? What is the connection?

Originally Posted By: hunter243sgkI noticed that on Pac-Nors site when you go to ar barrels in sends you to Noveskes site. Are they made by pac-nor or just work together? What is the connection?

I believe Pac-Nor makes the Noveske barrels.

Originally Posted By: AdamTOriginally Posted By: hunter243sgkI noticed that on Pac-Nors site when you go to ar barrels in sends you to Noveskes site. Are they made by pac-nor or just work together? What is the connection?

I believe Pac-Nor makes the Noveske barrels.

John Noveske started out as an employee of Pac Nor. He built uppers and barrels on the side, and then went out on his own. He used to use all Pac Nor barrels, but I have no idea what has transpired since his death.

I have one BHW and one WOA. I will purchase my next barrel from WOA, if they make it. I probably won't purchase from BHW again. WOA is exceptionally accurate, BHW is nothing special. Someone must like BHW barrels, because their lead times are crazy, but I am not impressed. I am a tough critic, my X-Caliber barrel will be my last X-Caliber barrel, too. YMMV.

Squeeze

Back