6.5 Grendel and 123 ELD M

I figure this has already been covered but I'm looking for someone with actual experience with the 123 gr Hornady ELD M Bullet for hunting deer. I would like to know how it performed on a deer. It shoots GREAT in my BHW .264 LBC barrel with IMR 8208 XBR. It shoots better than the 123 gr SST. I would like to use this on deer if someone has used it and it did the job. I know it's for paper punching but I'm pretty sure it's going to punch a deer if given the chance. Let me know how it performed please. Thanks in advance.

That's a really new bullet, but I would imagine it's pretty close to the old amax. Check out 6.5grendel.com, lots of grendel specific info there.

I tried them out in my cz 527 not very impressed with them. The first batch didn't really group. So I'm trying some different powder levels and different powders to see if I can tighten up the groups some or just go to different bullet

Originally Posted By: moonerI tried them out in my cz 527 not very impressed with them. The first batch didn't really group. So I'm trying some different powder levels and different powders to see if I can tighten up the groups some or just go to different bullet Out of my BHW .264 LBC with 20" barrel they shot better than Sierra 120 and Nosler 120 BT. Much better in fact which is why I'm trying to see how they do out of everyone's weapons. Guns are like people, some like things others don't. CFE223 shot ok but not as good as IMR 8208 XBR. H335 shoots great with Sierra 85 gr HP but not that great with the 120-123 bullets. Appreciate any info.

Back