Hiperfire Trigger

Catdog1

Just installed a Hiperfire 24 3G trigger. So far it is a great improvemnet over the stock mil-spec, but im still disappointed in the small amount of creep. I used the lightest spring set which was supposed to get me to 2 lbs. But honestly it came in at 3.2 lbs on my lyman digital scale. Im going to give it a couple hundred rounds to break in then i may try polishing it if it needs it then.

For appox $225 dollars I was expecting a little better, but in its defense I am comparing it to my Rem 700 Jewel.

https://www.hiperfire.com/product/hipertouch243g/

Last edited:
The Hyperfire triggers were never meant to be a precision bench rest or long range trigger. They are meant for a super quick reset that mimics the same feeling of a competition handgun. Most action type matches require two shots to neutralize a target thus earning full points. Things can get really weird for a top level shooter who fires tens of thousand rounds a year if their equipment differentiates between stages/equipment requirements.

Here is a demonstration using our Trigger set up to provide the same sensation to the user as a Taran Tactical Glock 34.

Originally Posted By: Arizona BushmanThe Hyperfire triggers were never meant to be a precision bench rest or long range trigger. They are meant for a super quick reset that mimics the same feeling of a competition handgun. Most action type matches require two shots to neutralize a target thus earning full points. Things can get really weird for a top level shooter who fires tens of thousand rounds a year if their equipment differentiates between stages/equipment requirements.

Here is a demonstration using our Trigger set up to provide the same sensation to the user as a Taran Tactical Glock 34. thanks for the info, wish i had known that before hand. I was looking for more of a long range benchrest type trigger. But all may not be lost because i mainly use this AR on hogs and Lord knows they all could use a quick double tap
wink.gif

Last edited:
Before you get too disappointed with the trigger, don't attempt to lighten it unless you are a trained gunsmith, after 150-200 rounds you will find it much smoother...Modifications are prone to going full auto when not intended and that can lead to some serious legal problems for you....Case in point being a few years ago a shooter in Wisconsin was at a range when his modified trigger went full auto and one of the other people at the range filed a complaint with the BATF and he wound up in the pokey with a bunch of legal fees and paying for expert witnesses to verify that the malfunction should not have happened...Never did hear if he was eventually fined, jailed, etc...

You describe two totally different uses for an AR....I've found in the past that I'm much better off to have a separate rifle for each purpose and since the prices on ARs have come down considerably, it's not a bad approach...

I currently have three ARs...1) .204 for Varmint/Bench type shooting, 2) a much upgraded DPMS 16" that I used to use for action competitions, and 3) a relatively inexpensive, but accurate AR for hunting purposes...Each has a trigger and optic set up for the stated purpose...

.204 -

DPMS -

Hunting -

Just got up and around and went and grabbed both of my ARs out of the safe and comapred that Hiperfire to the Mil-Spec and man was AZ Brushman right. The reset on that thing is 1/3 the distance of a Mil Spec, maybe even more. Im shocked at the difference. This might be even better than what i was originally looking for on these hogs.

Last edited:
Complaints about creep with a Hiperfir 24 3G are extremely rare. I'd pull the trigger out and try reinstalling it if it were me. There is a way to install the stirrups incorrectly (I don't recall exactly how, off the top of my head) and it will cause the trigger to not feel 100% correct. Any past issues we've had with Hiperfire 24 series trigger creep are typically resolved by just reinstalling it. Let us know if that doesn't change things. They should break very crisp!

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersComplaints about creep with a Hiperfir 24 3G are extremely rare. I'd pull the trigger out and try reinstalling it if it were me. There is a way to install the stirrups incorrectly (I don't recall exactly how, off the top of my head) and it will cause the trigger to not feel 100% correct. Any past issues we've had with Hiperfire 24 series trigger creep are typically resolved by just reinstalling it. Let us know if that doesn't change things. They should break very crisp! That very well may be the case. I couldnt find the correct video that the instructions said to watch. I did however find a video on youtube and though it was a good video it did not cover that particular spring installation very well.

BTW I ordered this trigger from your company and Jimmy Cricket your shipping is lightning fast. I ordered on a Wed. day around 11 a.m. and had it in my hands by Friday morning at 8 a.m.

If it got here any faster i would have had to slap my M-I-L.

Last edited:
Ive shot about 3500 rounds with my Hiperfire 24 3G and it does smooth out pretty quick. Then id grease it up good and no complaints at all. Its very fast and slick.
I use it for Run N Gun matchs and hog/deer/coyote hunting.

Originally Posted By: Catdog1Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersComplaints about creep with a Hiperfir 24 3G are extremely rare. I'd pull the trigger out and try reinstalling it if it were me. There is a way to install the stirrups incorrectly (I don't recall exactly how, off the top of my head) and it will cause the trigger to not feel 100% correct. Any past issues we've had with Hiperfire 24 series trigger creep are typically resolved by just reinstalling it. Let us know if that doesn't change things. They should break very crisp! That very well may be the case. I couldnt find the correct video that the instructions said to watch. I did however find a video on youtube and though it was a good video it did not cover that particular spring installation very well.

BTW I ordered this trigger from your company and Jimmy Cricket your shipping is lightning fast. I ordered on a Wed. day around 11 a.m. and had it in my hands by Friday morning at 8 a.m.

If it got here any faster i would have had to slap my M-I-L.

Let us know if that doesn't fix it. It may also just need to be broke in a little, but the word "creep" and "hiperfire" are rarely heard together. It should have a super short/crisp trigger just like the reset you noted.

Thanks for the order & we appreciate the feedback on the delivery times! Luckily, for the MIL, it didn't arrive any faster
thumbup1.gif

Back