Bedding a ML??

pyscodog

To much heat and cabin fever I guess but have any of you bed the action on a ML? I was/am thinking of getting a Boyd's laminate for my Remington ML and wondering about bedding the action. Think it will make any difference in accuracy?

It should work just like any other bedding job. Float the barrel and bed away.I would not put a bedding pad past the lug.

Originally Posted By: ironworkerWhat bedding compound are you going to use ?

If,I get a new stock for it, and decide to bed, I'll probably use Accra-glas gel.

I bedded two T/C Omegas and a homemade Savage smokeless off a Model 10 short action. Yes, there was accuracy improvement. Very significant for the Omegas. The one in a thumbhole laminate stock would shoot 8 inches at 500 yards with 325gr FTX. Prior to bedding it had been inconsistent.

I used a material called ProBed2000, these days I just use Devcon on everything.

Just yesterday my buddy did load testing with the stock that had been on my Savage which I sold to him. Dropped another Savage into it, we decided to shoot it before re-bedding. With a factory 243 Savage take-off barrel I gave him, .5 MOA. Done.

How much do you REALLY want to improve accuracy??

With two RemML's, I replaced the barrel with .458 barrel,
converted that dirty, spark spittin' ignition system to an
enclosed system, put a ProVarmint on one and a Prairie Hunter
on the other. Bedded with Devcon and Score-Hi pillars. They are
now less than MOA accurate rifles -- no blow back in my face or
black powder carbon on the scope. And no rushing home to clean
to keep it from rusting!

A friend of mine bought a NIB Remington 243, sent it to his smith and he installed a Douglas barrel and did a conversion of his own design, very similar to the one on mine now, and it is now a smokeless rifle. Shoots unbelievable but he's got a pretty good chunk of money in it. It cuts holes at 100yds pretty easily. Mine doesn't have to be a "Tack driver" so to speak. I just want good consistent groups.

Back