Argus D740 Gen2 +

crazyyote

Well,
Thanks to all of the enablers around here I finally took the plunge and purchased one of these from TNVC. All I need now is a hand held thermal scanning unit, like a Pulsar HD-19 or such. I'm hoping to take it up a notch and not spook as many coyotes as with the red lights. This unit should work well with my Yankee Hill Phantom suppressor. Thanks to the folks at TNVC and Night Goggles for tolerating my questions.

Thanks for your order! Glad we could be of assistance. Have you considered the Pulsar RXQ30V as a scanner in a handheld monocular configuration? It's a great size and works really well like that. I removed the quick detach mount and used it several nights as a scanner. For just $1899.97 it's gonna be hard to beat.

Pulsar RXQ30V Thermal

Tom how would the Pulsar RXQ30 compare to the new flir q14 320 mono with boson core? With them both being around the same price I was curious how they compare. I know the core can be used as a sight and the q14 will be a mono only for that price. But actual clarity and detection comparison? Thank you

Originally Posted By: BmelvinTom how would the Pulsar RXQ30 compare to the new flir q14 320 mono with boson core? With them both being around the same price I was curious how they compare. I know the core can be used as a sight and the q14 will be a mono only for that price. But actual clarity and detection comparison? Thank you

I haven't had an opportunity to look through the Q14 outside at distance. The clarity of the Boson core is better but the Pulsar RXQ30V is a 384 resolution vs the FLIR's 320. I'll bet they'll be pretty darn close.

Originally Posted By: NGI_TOMOriginally Posted By: BmelvinTom how would the Pulsar RXQ30 compare to the new flir q14 320 mono with boson core? With them both being around the same price I was curious how they compare. I know the core can be used as a sight and the q14 will be a mono only for that price. But actual clarity and detection comparison? Thank you

I haven't had an opportunity to look through the Q14 outside at distance. The clarity of the Boson core is better but the Pulsar RXQ30V is a 384 resolution vs the FLIR's 320. I'll bet they'll be pretty darn close.

I've looked at both and Tom is SPOT ON. The slight edge goes to the Pulsar at distance with it's 384 rez., but the Q14B wins out with hand held size and weight. It will be that perfect size for LE types in rural areas where back up is 30 miles away and they need a lightweight system sitting in the front seat of their squad car. Hunters will easily wear it around their neck for their go to spotter.

Just my humble opinions...
smile.gif

Back