Three Legged Hog

Thats getting to be pretty common. I trapped one 2 months ago that was 3 legged, it was about 15 pounds. My guess is it was either a bad shot that someone took or he took a secondary hit to the leg when someone shot at the sow. Like this photo, his little leg had healed just fine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Catdog1Thats getting to be pretty common. I trapped one 2 months ago that was 3 legged, it was about 15 pounds. My guess is it was either a bad shot that someone took or he took a secondary hit to the leg when someone shot at the sow. Like this photo, his little leg had healed just fine.

I would think this happened when he was real young. I have killed 3 Legged Coyotes before but it was the front leg that was missing not the back. Just my guess but this Boar was no match for the 4 Legged Boars so he did not fight much allowing his teeth to be intact.

Ive killed about 6 tripod boars and 4 sows over the years. One looked like it had a shot to the rear leg and there was no muscle left by the time i killed it who knows how much longer after it had been shot.

Back