SHARE act

nighthawk87

Hey guys! So I've been led to believe that the HPA was added onto the SHARE act. Anyone know when this will go before a vote? I read on another forum they were going to vote on it sometime around the Scalise shooting. Not sure how it gets voted on before it passes. Should have paid more attention in my political science classes. Thanks for any help

However, moving forward, when the SHARE Act does go before the subcommittee, it will include under Title XVII, all of the following provisions:

Sec. 1702: Removing suppressors from the National Firearms Act, subjecting them to the same instant NICS background check as long guns, and issuing a refundable tax credit to anyone who has purchased a suppressor since the HPA’s original date of introduction
Sec. 1703: Ensuring that suppressors will remain legal in all 42 states where they are currently legal, after suppressors are removed from the National Firearms Act
Sec. 1704: Preempting states from levying taxes or registration requirements on suppressors. However, this will not make suppressors legal in any state where state law currently prohibits them.
Sec. 1705: Granting the ATF 365 days to destroy all suppressor related records from the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record (NFRTR)
Sec. 1706: Developing a “keystone part” definition, and requiring that such keystone part is serialized on every suppressor. This will ensure that individual suppressor parts, like pistons and endcaps, will not require serialization.
Sec. 1707: Imposing a 10% Pittman-Robertson excise tax on the manufacture of each new suppressor, a tax that is currently imposed on all Title I firearms

This sound like Illinois will still be illegal to transport your suppressor through. I don't know why they would not make suppressors legal Country wide? But small steps I guess.

A states laws can be more restrictive than federal, but not less restrictive. At least thats the way its supposed to be. So even if they're legal federally a state can say they're illegal. And if the state is ok with it, a city can make it illegal to be in the city...

Thanks guys!! Was more looking for when this will go to subcommittee? Do these things happen once a year? Three? Four? ect Any sort of schedule?

Back