suppressors and ghogs

why

I have recently noticed that when I am shooting ghogs, with my suppressor on, I may have a lull in action until I shoot one and then another 1 or more will pop up. I think it may be because of the sound of the bullet rather than the gunshot they would normally hear. Has anyone else noticed something similar.

I shoot them suppressed also and do know they wont all dive as they do un-suppressed.
Longer hits and they seem to look around and may be jumpy but only a few may go under until they are hit standing there kinda like unaware what just happened.
This depends on the ranch I'm on, if they are shot a lot it wont matter they go under quick.

Originally Posted By: why Has anyone else noticed something similar.

Oh of course! I dont shoot groundhogs but I do shoot lots of ground squirrels every year and I make a trip to Wyoming to shoot prairie dogs on occasion too.

There simply is no doubt that the critters stay out much longer when no one is booming away with unsuppressed centerfires. I have had them pop up 25-50 feet away from me while I was shooting suppressed and just sit there and watch me scatter their buddies. I have had this happen many times which is why I will keep a .22 handgun on my belt of bench for these.

No muffs, the animals stay up for longer (or dont go down at all) and dont have to shout when talking to your buddy. That is so hard to beat.

Back