Senile , Insane , or just an Idiot .

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: larr
with the exception of being banned, which we already know why that will never happen to you.

Saying that I will get preferential treatment insults every member of the Admin here.

I've been called a troll, a liberal, and a retired moderator who is subject to preferential treatment- all in the last 3 days- and all because I disagree with the opinions of the usual crowd that hangs out in here.

You can find you some big-boy panties because I'm going to continue to say exactly what I think. This forum is here for the discussion of differing opinions.

If Admin has a problem with what I say, they will tell me. So far they haven't.

That's exactly what you should do, but when you do it just to start crap that's where my opinion differs. I guess I'm allowed my opinion also right? As for my big boy panties, don't worry I got em on LOL

Originally Posted By: larrOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: larr
with the exception of being banned, which we already know why that will never happen to you.

Saying that I will get preferential treatment insults every member of the Admin here.

I've been called a troll, a liberal, and a retired moderator who is subject to preferential treatment- all in the last 3 days- and all because I disagree with the opinions of the usual crowd that hangs out in here.

You can find you some big-boy panties because I'm going to continue to say exactly what I think. This forum is here for the discussion of differing opinions.

If Admin has a problem with what I say, they will tell me. So far they haven't.

That's exactly what you should do, but when you do it just to start crap that's where my opinion differs. I guess I'm allowed my opinion also right? As for my big boy panties, don't worry I got em on LOL

Starting crap is never my intention.

And yes, you are always "allowed" your opinion on any subject. And you may be surprised to know that I will always respect your opinion even if it is totally opposite from mine.
But I will not be talked down to and called stupid names for expressing my opinion.

This forum is not controlled by one side of the issues.
Go back up a few posts and read what reb8600 told you and Rocky in the middle of the mess that Woody's opinions caused.

The Admin here has never shut down a member for a difference of opinion.
Members are shut down only for violation of the Terms Of Services.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Rocky1You know Jeff, I used to respect you. You're making that more and more difficult all the time.

Rocky, is it because you disagree with my opinions on religion?
You don't seem to lose respect for folks because of disagreements over other subjects discussed here in the Church.
Religion seems to be a "sacred cow" here, pardon the pun.
grin.gif

I respect all the members here as long as they respect me.

I have no obligation to respect religion any more than politics.
Both are man made.

I agree with Rocky on this one.. I try to give your comments merit and take them at face value.. But, it seems that most posts has some kind of Religion bashing..
There was no talk of it here, in this thread, until yours, as seems the case more and more lately..

You don't like religion, we all know.

but, that has nothing to do with this topic. Its clearly off topic IMO

I still think Trump is toying with the Dems. GOP is sitting on their hands and thumbs.
No one says he isn't in office working, and meeting. He is making waves and moves. Regulations are down 16 for every one new one. Energy is up, and jobs are up, welfare and food stamps is down.
Trump is reconnecting obama destroyed ties to other countries.
GDP is up in Q2 and more than Odummer did in all 8 years.

ICE is finally after 16+ years deporting, and cleaning out the illegal gangs.

Which one of these things are so bad? Which one of these do you seriously think would have been done with Hillary??

If he keeps this stuff going, actually following through on the promises he made (i know, shocking he is the first to actually do it in decades)

He can tweet all day between meetings, as long as he keeps doing what he is doing.

The only failures here are the GOP senate and Congress.

it's not unrelated. Jeff finds pence unacceptable due to his religion. I don't, as he has a record in office as governor & if there was anything he did that was religious I haven't heard about it.

I also have to put him up against the alternate choice, that being hillary as prez & cain possibly becoming prez. both of which are far more of a threat to this nation than I think pence could possibly be.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farish
I also have to put him up against the alternate choice, that being hillary as prez & cain possibly becoming prez. both of which are far more of a threat to this nation than I think pence could possibly be.

I couldn't even imagine where we would be right now if those two bumbling morons had won.

well, we would not have rolled back countless federal regulations, which has been done. we would not have gorsuch on the SC, which we do. we would not have the BATF openly asking what federal gun regs need to be rolled back, which they are.

we would not have any possibility of federal CCW reciprocity in any form passing & being signed, nor of delisting suppressors as NFA items, both of which are in the works.

there's more, but I'd say that's a short list of some things that are pretty important to most of us here.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Rocky1You know Jeff, I used to respect you. You're making that more and more difficult all the time.

Rocky, is it because you disagree with my opinions on religion?
You don't seem to lose respect for folks because of disagreements over other subjects discussed here in the Church.
Religion seems to be a "sacred cow" here, pardon the pun.
grin.gif

I respect all the members here as long as they respect me.

I have no obligation to respect religion any more than politics.
Both are man made.

I agree with Rocky on this one.. I try to give your comments merit and take them at face value.. But, it seems that most posts has some kind of Religion bashing..
There was no talk of it here, in this thread, until yours, as seems the case more and more lately..

You don't like religion, we all know.

T-bone,

Are you ignoring my point?
Are you missing my point?
Or are you denying and deflecting like the politicians like to do?

Maybe this guy can explain it better than me:

"Our government has nothing to do with religion. It is neither
christian nor pagan; it is secular. But as long as the people persist in
voting for or against men on account of their religious views, just
so long will hypocrisy hold place and power. Just so long will the
candidates crawl in the dust--hide their opinions, flatter those with
whom they differ, pretend to agree with those whom they despise; and
just so long will honest men be trampled under foot."

"It probably will not be long until the churches will divide as sharply
upon political, as upon theological questions; and when that day comes,
if there are not liberals enough to hold the balance of power, this
government will be destroyed. The liberty of man is not safe in the
hands of any church. Wherever the bible and sword are in partnership,
man is a slave."

That was written by Col. Robert G. Ingersoll in 1880.

Politicians can't be trusted-period.
Religious politicians can be trusted even less.
A politician who makes a point to proclaim his religious beliefs during an election has taken a calculated risk that he will gain more votes than he will lose...and when a politician wins an election he rewards his supporters afterwards.
It's called "patronage".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patronage#Politics

Nope, but this explains how much i want to hear the blind rantings of someone that blames religion and complains about religion on each opportunity

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

smile.gif
Sorry mate, but it's not worth reading.

but, i did see this article in the news today..
really warms my heart to see a former NBA star hosting and leading bible study in the White house..

It's a lot better than the prayer rugs they had last year.

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/201...itual-awakening

Health Secretary Tom Price, Energy Secretary Rick Perry, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, Agriculture Secretary Sunny Perdue, and CIA Director Mike Pompeo are just a few of the regulars.

"It's the best Bible study that I've ever taught in my life. They are so teachable; they're so noble; they're so learned," Drollinger said.

It's groundbreaking since he doesn't think a formal Bible study among executive Cabinet members has been done in at least 100 years.

America's top cop, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, also attends the study.

"He'll (Jeff Sessions) go out the same day I teach him something and I'll see him do it on camera and I just think, 'Wow, these guys are faithful, available and teachable and they're at Bible study every week they're in town,'" Drollinger said.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZNope, but this explains how much i want to hear the blind rantings of someone that blames religion and complains about religion on each opportunity

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

smile.gif
Sorry mate, but it's not worth reading.

but, i did see this article in the news today..
really warms my heart to see a former NBA star hosting and leading bible study in the White house..

It's a lot better than the prayer rugs they had last year.

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/201...itual-awakening

Health Secretary Tom Price, Energy Secretary Rick Perry, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, Agriculture Secretary Sunny Perdue, and CIA Director Mike Pompeo are just a few of the regulars.

"It's the best Bible study that I've ever taught in my life. They are so teachable; they're so noble; they're so learned," Drollinger said.

It's groundbreaking since he doesn't think a formal Bible study among executive Cabinet members has been done in at least 100 years.

America's top cop, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, also attends the study.

"He'll (Jeff Sessions) go out the same day I teach him something and I'll see him do it on camera and I just think, 'Wow, these guys are faithful, available and teachable and they're at Bible study every week they're in town,'" Drollinger said.

Enjoy it while you can, because you can guarantee the prayer rugs will be back.
Things will change, and a precedent has been set.
thumbup1.gif

And I'm glad you found mercy in your heart for John "McStain" :

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZ
He is dying and shouldn't make it a year. (thankfully)

Instead he is starting chemo, at the MAYO. They don't take obama care. it's a elitist top of the line medical facility specializing in cancer treatment. he shouldn't get it.

What if the Lord gave the liar brain cancer??

Anyways.. I am not religious.. I have read a lot, tried to learn more, and not just christian religions either..

Searching for answers, isn't the same as supporting them. I don't see value in trashing them though.

It's clear that someone close to you died and you are angry. For that i empathize with you. Hopefully your fire for this burns out.

In the meantime you can't learn on any topic if you think you know it all or refuse to open your eyes.

I have read all of the things you posted, I have given all of the other religion haters idea's consideration. I don't agree with it. I see where you are coming from, as do i see where those that are very religious are coming from.

your attempts to get the rise from me over religion isn't going to work. I just laugh it off.

Your comments about freedom from religion is not based on the constitution. The minute you can show a state or government document that says this is the religion of the state, i will support you, but as long as there is no offical state religion, and those of this country are allowed to believe, not believe, go to church, or any church you prefer, your statements about government and religion don't hold water.

They are also not part of or follow the founding of our country.

I have been to countries where they have a state religion or state ban on religion. I would never want to live there.

Anyways.. I am not religious.. I have read a lot, tried to learn more, and not just christian religions either..

I have been to countries where they have a state religion or state ban on religion. I would never want to live there.

Looks like we agree on a lot more than I thought, and if you knew how many of your assumptions about me are wrong I believe you would say the same thing.

I'm glad to know you are a non-believer.
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fw707
thumbup1.gif

I wouldn't say that i don't believe, but i am happy to stay i am not religious, not the same thing.

But, i don't derive any benefit from trying to troll people on deeply held beliefs. What or who does that serve?

I was angry before, because i lost to many friends.. I was angry and resentful. I saw things that are so ugly it makes you wonder why? This behavior only hurts the person doing it, and wastes the life they only believe they have one of.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZOriginally Posted By: fw707
thumbup1.gif

I wouldn't say that i don't believe, but i am happy to stay i am not religious, not the same thing.

But, i don't derive any benefit from trying to troll people on deeply held beliefs. What or who does that serve?

I was angry before, because i lost to many friends.. I was angry and resentful. I saw things that are so ugly it makes you wonder why? This behavior only hurts the person doing it, and wastes the life they only believe they have one of.

"Non-believer" was the most generic term that came to mind. I think you know it was not judgemental.
You can pick whichever term suits you.
The devil's in the details.
grin.gif

I do not troll anybody. I speak my opinion on religious subjects. This time it was responding to Stu's comment, and he said he believed it was relevant to the discussion.

All of my friends and family have strong faith. They grew up with it and they will never leave it. It gives them social purpose and helps them deal with the fear of death.
I'm glad they have it.

I don't need it or want it.

And it turns out that death has influenced your beliefs, not mine after all as you suspected.
I had no "epiphany" or life-changing event. I have never had any anger or resentment.

I would explain it as a gradual realization that I have the same amount of evidence to believe in Bigfoot as I do in any god that rewards or punishes us eternally.

try to have a little perspective. for the christian voters who don't bat an eye at pence, let's make a change.

say hillary won, she's president. most of us here would want her out of office more than most anything. however, let's change her veep to a devout muslim.

would that person's religious beliefs be a reason for anyone to not be real big on the idea of him becoming the next president?

yes, the specifics are different but the main concept not so much.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishtry to have a little perspective. for the christian voters who don't bat an eye at pence, let's make a change.

say hillary won, she's president. most of us here would want her out of office more than most anything. however, let's change her veep to a devout muslim.

would that person's religious beliefs be a reason for anyone to not be real big on the idea of him becoming the next president?

Stu,
that's a good point!
It goes right along with T-Bone's reminder to me that Christianity is not "the religion of the state", and there is "no official state religion".
So a devout, self-proclaimed practicing Muslim Vice President could step into the presidency, and we would be required to accept him the same as we would accept Pence as a devout, self-proclaimed practicing Christian.

No difference.
thumbup1.gif

Your comments about freedom from religion is not based on the constitution. The minute you can show a state or government document that says this is the religion of the state, i will support you, but as long as there is no offical state religion, and those of this country are allowed to believe, not believe, go to church, or any church you prefer, your statements about government and religion don't hold water.

They are also not part of or follow the founding of our country.

Originally Posted By: R.Shaw Why not??? We already had one for 8 years. We are all practiced up on that one.

Nope, that one went to Jeremiah Wright's Christian church.
Politicians won't conceal their true religious beliefs just for political benefit.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishtry to have a little perspective. for the christian voters who don't bat an eye at pence, let's make a change.

Hillary would never have a devout Muslim as vp. In recent history, at least for Democrats the vp position is essentially a bulletproof shield. Obama was, I can't think of an appropriate word, but not good. However if some white supremacist smoked him, we would have had prez Biden who was bat [beeep] insane.

Prez Hilary would become an ied magnet if she had a Mohamed vp. She's entirely too practiced in being evil to not know what would happen to her if she went that route. It's the same reason no sane person would pick her as their vp. They would have an "accident" hours after the inauguration.

Hypothetically,

If there was a muslim as the VP for a hillary mess.

hahaha, that is really funny, since the Liberals that want all they want can't live with Muslims. Those two don't get along they are so far apart that the liberals would turn on themselves. The policies of obama went unknown because of the media, why would we expect any different from the media or the slow adoption of the authoritarian style as rolled out by Obama.

Libtards are stupid lemmings and the media and dems in office mocked the GOP and tea party. So they would get away with it and somehow the GOP would be dumb enough they can't fight back to point out that it's Dems that are putting in the policies that are changing their lives.

Personally i don't think libtards really care. As long as they are getting taken care of and given all they really need in life they are happy to allow the state to dictate all of life to them.. Look at the thousands in public housing in just about every big city. Despite the crime, drugs, and any self worth, they live their and only occasionally riot, but then go right back to the squawler.

Back