cnn finds out its lost the meme war

Originally Posted By: ADKFAKE news!

AKA LIES!

I don't mind hearing factual news, good or bad, about Trump or any other politician, but the constant stream of out and out lying and Trump bashing is getting old!
I'm helping their ratings tank by not watching them or MSNBC, at least FOX is still there to try to help support this president, the anchors at FOX do bring up some good points about what is going on!

What Americans need to do far and wide is to stop subscribing to the cable television networks that are run by corrupt people who do not have the best interests of the American people.

They are nothing more than propaganda networks to keep the American public distracted, uninformed, and in the dark about serious issues.

Don't give those people a dime.

Originally Posted By: Foxpro.223What Americans need to do far and wide is to stop subscribing to the cable television networks that are run by corrupt people who do not have the best interests of the American people.

They are nothing more than propaganda networks to keep the American public distracted, uninformed, and in the dark about serious issues.

so basically you're saying dont watch TV - ever. sorry not happening.

trust me - i wish my cable bundle had an ala-carte feature. I'd love to deny CNN, ESPN, MSNBC, HSN, and a whole bunch of other bullsnot channels my monthly subscription dollars. i watch content from about a dozen channels. the other 150 or whatever it is can go pound sand.

unfortunatly unless you're going to invent an option to get the content i WANT to watch without having to pay for the content i dont watch, we're all stuck in the same boat. Doesnt matter if you subscribe to cable or satellite. you cant just delete channels (other than premium networks like HBO, etc) out of your bundle.

i'm open to suggestions if you have a way to filter out the BS. but after several attempts to do so, i have yet to be able to find a way myself.

Originally Posted By: Plant.OneOriginally Posted By: Foxpro.223What Americans need to do far and wide is to stop subscribing to the cable television networks that are run by corrupt people who do not have the best interests of the American people.

so basically you're saying dont watch TV - ever. sorry not happening.

trust me - i wish my cable bundle had an ala-carte feature. I'd love to deny CNN, ESPN, MSNBC, HSN, and a whole bunch of other bullsnot channels my monthly subscription dollars. i watch content from about a dozen channels. the other 150 or whatever it is can go pound sand.

unfortunatly unless you're going to invent an option to get the content i WANT to watch without having to pay for the content i dont watch, we're all stuck in the same boat. Doesnt matter if you subscribe to cable or satellite. you cant just delete channels (other than premium networks like HBO, etc) out of your bundle.

i'm open to suggestions if you have a way to filter out the BS. but after several attempts to do so, i have yet to be able to find a way myself.

Get over it, whatever you are watching is crap anyways. TV is not worth it, I haven't had a TV hook up for 5 or 6 years. It's all garbage and all your money is going against you. Try going 6 months without TV then try watching it again, when I watch TV at a friends place every bit of it looks like it was made for a second grader or the equivalent intelligence level.

Originally Posted By: Plant.Oneso basically you're saying dont watch TV - ever. sorry not happening.

I'm finding this post hard to get over.

So you're basically saying you can't live without TV? How is this any different than asking a 13 year old girl to give up being on her cell phone 10 hours a day? It's just not necessary, in fact it's self destructive.

This is exactly why the globalists are chipping away and winning, you don't want to live without what they're offering you.

Think of all the "conservative" sports fans paying into the elite to watch their game, buy tickets to sit in their stadium seats and pay to wear their jerseys. It's insane. Go to these stadiums and pay 500-1000% markup for a hot dog and beer, its ridiculous.

Same goes to the Chinese run, Hillary supporting Walmart. Think how many wanabe conservatives shop at walmart each day just to save $3 when all the money they spend their is going against what they want.

Get over it. You don't need their $hit, stop paying them for it.

I didnt have tv or internet for 6 years! Then 5 years ago my girlfriend moved in and had to have them. I do like having the internet but could care less about tv. You CAN live with out it. And you well notice that you have more time to do things with out it. I now catch myself watching it for to long in the mornings.

Originally Posted By: Rock Knocker

I'm finding this post hard to get over.

So you're basically saying you can't live without TV? How is this any different than asking a 13 year old girl to give up being on her cell phone 10 hours a day? It's just not necessary, in fact it's self destructive.

This is exactly why the globalists are chipping away and winning, you don't want to live without what they're offering you.

Get over it. You don't need their $hit, stop paying them for it.

so your only solution is throw the baby out with the bathwater?

there's gotta be some kind of middle ground.

speaking of which... who do you get your internet services through?

Originally Posted By: HuntinjimI have Sling TV. It's delivered on Roku via Internet and has several options. History channel is the main thing I watch.

so you have history? does it have discovery too? do you get recent episodes? or just 2 or 3 seasons back?

that was one of the issues i was running into when i was looking into going streaming only.... quite a bit of what i watch is on history/discovery and i couldnt find that programming as current season stuff.

No Discovery. Some channels you can backtrack, some you can't. History is one that let's you watch previous episodes. I don't know that it's every episode of every show but there are all seasons of Forged in Fire, Mountain Men, etc. Sports are always live only. They do offer what they call a cloud DVR but that costs extra (hence a la carte service) and I just don't have a need for it so I can't really tell you how it works. They do offer a one week free trial if you want to try it out. It works for me but definitely not for everyone.

Originally Posted By: HuntinjimNo Discovery. Some channels you can backtrack, some you can't. History is one that let's you watch previous episodes. I don't know that it's every episode of every show but there are all seasons of Forged in Fire, Mountain Men, etc. Sports are always live only. They do offer what they call a cloud DVR but that costs extra (hence a la carte service) and I just don't have a need for it so I can't really tell you how it works. They do offer a one week free trial if you want to try it out. It works for me but definitely not for everyone.

thanks. i was more concerned about a lack of recent episodes vs having access to prior seasons.

appreciate the input
smile.gif

This is called "Cord Cutting"..

I did this years ago and love it.

Amazon has a plug in stick that you plug into your tv, (assuming your tv is compatible) and then you can surf their options and pick services you like.

This works off your internet. You need to have at least 10mg speed, Then you get a device, like a smart tv, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, or others.

Then you plug that into your tv, connect the wifi to the internet, If your router has a 5G channel use that, and set it so that only the TV connects to it, let everyone's phone go on the other 2.5 channel, and friends i put on a limited guest account that prevents them from downloading at high rates.

Once the device is connected.. you can subscribe to services.

For instance,

I have Hulu, netflix, CBS, and HBO Now. I spend $40 a month and watch all kinds of shows.
I only have CBS for the rare occurrence i want to watch live tv, and I like CBS shows that not all show up on Hulu. (hulu is a site, that has tons of shows) Search their web site to see if your shows are on there. I watch Wicked Tuna, and other things. Some of the Discovery shows are on there, and some are not. Discovery has a channel, so you could sign up with them. Hulu is $11 a month for no commercials.

This will all work if you don't have to watch it live. I found that i was recording the shows and watching it later anyways.. Why pay for that?

The netflix comes with steaming and dvd's.

The easiest way to do this is to write down every day what you and others are watching and on what channels. Then you will know in a month, what channels you can sign up with to get. save the money and don't support CNN or other non-sense.

I watch Fox news on youtube. Apple tv has a youtube channel, you click on that, up comes youtube, and i search for Tucker, and watch the full episodes and without commercials.

Back