Who's got the best remote out there?

Originally Posted By: reaper4The cs24c is arguably the best predator call ever made. Never met one single guy until today that wasn't happy with one. If it doesn't work for you it's no skin off my back as I own other calls too (shockwavve but to compare a high end foxpro to any icotec made just never made sense to me

It's a great call,they all are. Never said any different,but of course as soon as you put an opinion out there people get all twisted up. The topic was about remotes,I know for a fact the my GC500 remote will work in situations where the TX500 and TX1000 will not end of story.

Ease of use, battery life, readability, durability are of importance to me. So is a maybe 75 yard range. Who cares that much about extreme range? With rare exception, which can almost always be be achieved by adjusting my setup, why would I want to spread my scent all over placing my caller so far away?

Ultramag,

The problem is when you make statements like end of story. It's not the end of the story. Your statement is an incorrect statement. We have done the testing ourselves, as have others, and the results are not the same as yours. So let's not put a dot on your statement and say that it is factual, because it is not.

Regards,

Mike Dillon

Originally Posted By: ultramagOriginally Posted By: Tbone-AZIf you have to sit 200yrds from your call, well, i am not sure that you are someone that i really want to hunt with.

So I never put my call more than 75-100 yards out max. But let's just say it's out 200,the coyote circles which puts it between you and the call. That's 100 yards an easy shot....some of the logic "excuses" make me scratch my head.

or the coyote is now 300 yards away and from you and 100 from the call and you turned a chip shot into something that could result in a miss because you are sitting so far from your call.

I think i can call where a coyote is going to come from. My buddy and i try to call it on each stand.
I say try since we call it often, but we also put a lot of fur in the truck that didn't show up where we "thought" they would be.

I sit each stand with a shotgun in my hands and a rifle next to me. I always point the shotgun down wind. But, just because most of the time a coyote shows up coming in from the down wind, doesn't mean that we don't shoot plenty of coyotes from other directions. I sit with the shotgun in my lap because if you are going to need to shotgun a coyote it most likely because they are close and it happens often enough that they are right on you before you have time to switch guns. This way i am ready and covering that back door. If i need a rifle, i have time to switch since they are going to be more than 100yrds when i do.

These are all things that I [and others] have time to think about.

Why, because i have a fox pro.. Plane and simple.

I don't think the other call mentioned is bad, there are others out there that are fine calls. I have had a few other brand calls, and seen and tried many others.
But at the end of the day. When i have to pry open my wallet to finally spend my hard earned and no shortage of other things that i need to buy, i want it to work, i want it to work every time, I want to not have to think about it. (i have kids, they always need something and there is always something around the house that needs to be fixed) I personally have saved the money for a suppressor at least 6 times only to have to spend it on something else before getting the paper work and dropping the cash.
I have the money right now, and my wife's car keeps getting a flat and needs a new set of tires. guess it will have to wait again.

I bought the Prairie blaster. First version released. I spent months looking at the different versions of calls, but then thought about how i hunt, and what i need, and it made the most sense. I have since used that thing for almost a decade. The call has paid for it's self. In that time i have sent it in 3 times, and EVERY SINGLE TIME it was fixed, no hassles, done right, and done so fast that i had it back in my hands faster than i would have guessed.

I don't care if the other remotes can work a mile away.. I wouldn't ever buy it since there is more to it than the remote. I have the TX500 and love it, i don't have to look at it, and don't have to think about it. I can focus on hunting not my remote. It's intuitive and that is what you want. I don't get to hunt as much as i wished i could, so when i do, i don't want to do anything that isn't helping me put fur in the truck and not thinking about my call, allows me to focus on shooting, and what is going on.

Just my 2 cents, and something to consider when looking at the calls.

I haven't met a FP remote I like yet, got rid of most of my FP's because I can't stand having to scroll through sounds to play one. I have a CS-24 with a numeric keypad on it and a number of pre-set so I don't have to scroll through sound but it has been in the shop twice because the on/off switch quits working.

I'm still partial to my Minaska remotes, virtually foolproof and have yet to have to send one in for repairs and mine(I have two yet) have been running since they brought out the M-1 Bandit..

with the number of usable preset buttons available on any of the newer callers, if you are "having to scroll through sounds" you need to read the owners manual and learn how to program the preset buttons.

In my areas walking 300 yards is the next stand. Play it soft because you cant see very far and I cant see through brush or shoot over hills. I use my cell phone and a jbl speaker that IS waterproof. Find the one that fits your needs and roll with it. The best is a perception thing. The best for me may suck for you. Thats why we have a variety.

Originally Posted By: FOXPROUltramag,

The problem is when you make statements like end of story. It's not the end of the story. Your statement is an incorrect statement. We have done the testing ourselves, as have others, and the results are not the same as yours. So let's not put a dot on your statement and say that it is factual, because it is not.

Regards,

Mike Dillon

I bought a CS24C at the tail end of last season after trying other "lesser" brands. The differences are unbelievable. The TX1000 remote is the standard bearer. I can't wait to get the CS24C out this season. Should have bought a FoxPro a couple years ago. I'll never switch.

Back