My Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear

Originally Posted By: Yotes2CallOriginally Posted By: DoubleCKOriginally Posted By: Yotes2CallTrying to decide between rug and full mount....

Wanna honor this old boy right

All it takes is Money!

Ya, but you're a rich retired teacher ! Grin

Wait ... is that an Oxymoron??

HEY! I'm not Oxy.

Originally Posted By: West.Mass.HunterBeautiful bear. Full mount if you have the space

Thinking it will take up a bit, but taxidermist said its biggest Fall bear he's seen from the Big Horns

Originally Posted By: frisscoFox pro? Bacon grease is more like it. Congrats on your killed over bait bear

Could of done a little better for a first post.

Originally Posted By: frisscoFox pro? Bacon grease is more like it. Congrats on your killed over bait bear

That is a nice looking bear. Frissco, if Yotes2call used a legal method then I don't see a problem. There might be many different ways to hunt that I don't agree with. That doesn't mean that I am going to try and diminish someone else's accomplishment and experience.

Again, Yotes, nice bear. Don't let a downer like frissco take anything away from that hunt. You don't get a bear like that without putting in leg work.

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: frisscoFox pro? Bacon grease is more like it. Congrats on your killed over bait bear

Could of done a little better for a first post.

Naw, I think he did quite well. It's like the first time you meet your future mother in law. If you don't walk up to her and kick her in the groin you're doing it wrong and setting all sorts of bad precedents for your future relationship.

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoOriginally Posted By: frisscoFox pro? Bacon grease is more like it. Congrats on your killed over bait bear

That is a nice looking bear. Frissco, if Yotes2call used a legal method then I don't see a problem. There might be many different ways to hunt that I don't agree with. That doesn't mean that I am going to try and diminish someone else's accomplishment and experience.

Again, Yotes, nice bear. Don't let a downer like frissco take anything away from that hunt. You don't get a bear like that without putting in leg work.

I'm not.

He is just another stupid jealous hater, that has probably never killed a bear and has to make himself feel better by putting someone down who puts in lots of time to do it and get it done the right way.

Anyone that has ever put in the time, effort and dedication it takes to hunt bears in the Big Horns knows its not like Canada. And the mountains here don't lend themselves to spot and stalk in most areas. Baiting and calling are the most effective ways here.

We've taken 6 bears since 2010 and have helped out the ranchers/sheep herders tremendously !!

Originally Posted By: reaper4This an awesome bear bud. I'll be bringing my fox pro out for one in sept. No bacon grease needed.

No bacon grease used....

Good luck ! send pics

Originally Posted By: Yotes2CallOriginally Posted By: SnowmanMoOriginally Posted By: frisscoFox pro? Bacon grease is more like it. Congrats on your killed over bait bear

I'm not.

He is just another stupid jealous hater, that has probably never killed a bear and has to make himself feel better by putting someone down who puts in lots of time to do it and get it done the right way.

Anyone that has ever put in the time, effort and dedication it takes to hunt bears in the Big Horns knows its not like Canada. And the mountains here don't lend themselves to spot and stalk in most areas. Baiting and calling are the most effective ways here.

We've taken 6 bears since 2010 and have helped out the ranchers/sheep herders tremendously !!

AWESOME!! Way to help out those ranchers and build good relationships. I had some experiences baiting and calling when I lived in Maine. In AZ we are not allowed to bait so many guys use dogs. I have called in 2 bears with my FoxPro and like you said, it is pretty tough and takes a LOT of work depending on the terrain.

The game and fish departments of each state decide what methods are legal and I will defer to their scientific methods of determining allowable take. Just too bad when someone has to criticize. If they don't like the way you hunt they don't have to support it but they don't have to go out of their way to trash another hunter. That's a good way to end up in a useless FaceBook style of argument, IMHO.

Back