Replacing an ejector roll pin?

DiRTY DOG

Any great ideas on how to replace the tiny ejector roll pin without a special tool? It came out ok but bent going back in. I have ONE spare...

First step is order another couple of roll pins.
wink.gif

Having never actually replaced that pin, I would think the best way would be to get a punch (or drill bit) to fit the hole loosely enough that you can push/pull it easily then push ejector into it's hole and align properly to accept the retaining pin. Then insert your punch or drill bit shank from bottom of bolt to hold ejector in place. This should allow you to start your roll pin and drive it in, displacing your punch or drill bit while holding the ejector in alignment.

Guide pins make aligning spring loaded parts much easier. That's just how I'd approach the problem, I'm sure there are lots of more knowledgeable folks here that may have a better solution. (I'd still order a couple of spares, though.
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

You need to compress the ejector while you drive in the pin. The pins can be a little tight. Make sure that the ejector is correctly turned so that the groove will allow the roll pin to go past it. I usually use a starting punch to start it, then use a finishing nail punch to drive it most of the way down to keep the pin from peening then use my starting punch to finish it off.

Back