What mount system do you use on your Nightforce?

Originally Posted By: Tgunz64Feeler gauges and plumb line? Ugh!

Yep.
thumbup1.gif

It not real bad, maybe a little teadious, but that LR in general. You will be ok. Just listen to me and FW707, we wont stear you wrong.

Originally Posted By: Tgunz64You mean the same feeler gauges for checking spark plug gaps? If so what are those for?

Yes.
If you use the gauges to set the scope so the bottom flat section of the turret is parallel to the top of the rail, the vertical "wire"'of the reticle will be perpendicular to the base.
Next step-hang a plumb line at about 50 yards or so (I use a 3/8" braided nylon rope) , align the vertical reticle with the plumb line, and adjust your level until the bubble centers.
Then tighten the little screws and lock the level into position.

The base is square to the receiver,
The reticle is perpendicular to the base,
And the level is set according to the plumb line.

Last edited:
Ahhh I see. Pretty good tips you got there. I do have the wheeler scope level kit. But I get what your saying with the plumb line. I've never gotten this technical before.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Tgunz64You mean the same feeler gauges for checking spark plug gaps? If so what are those for?

Yes.
If you use the gauges to set the scope so the bottom flat section of the turret is parallel to the top of the rail, the vertical "wire"'of the reticle will be perpendicular to the base.
Next step-hang a plumb line at about 50 yards or so (I use a 3/8" braided nylon rope) , align the vertical reticle with the plumb line, and adjust your level until the bubble centers.
Then tighten the little screws and lock the level into position.

The base is square to the receiver,
The reticle is perpendicular to the base,
And the level is set according to the plumb line.

Bingo. Easy as pie this way. Fool proof.

I run a Badger Ordnance rail with Seekins rings where I can. I do have a US Optics scope that I had to run Badger rings on as Seekins no longer makes them in 35mm...

It showed up today! Except I just got home a little while ago so pretty dark out to get a good look through it. I'll check it out tomorrow. Plus waiting on the hardware to show up so I can mount it. Btw those parallax only has dash marks and not yardage. What's up with that? Sorry, total newbie to this high end stuff lol

Dont sweat the parallax hash marks. The yardage marks are only Estimates anyway. They are not exact. You adjust it to where the image is clear for you.

Rings came and my anti cant level. Base should be here in a couple days. Hopefully I can find some time soon to mount this setup. We had a new baby arrive on Saturday so that might hinder my plans some lol

Back