Poi shift

When it shot the 70s decent prior to cleaning I had a 15" matrix on it with a low pro stoner gas block and tube. I have since gone to an 11" matrix and it is over 1" behind the gas block. After I cleaned it would not group with that same set up, hence I swapped it for the 11". This bcg shot great in my 6.5x6.8 fwiw.

Last edited:
Recevier is lapped, barrel nut is torqued to 45 ft. lbs. and threads are lubed with a moly based lubricant. Extension is bedded with vibra-tite. I have had 2 mounts and several scopes on it and the trigger is a geissele sd-e.
Sorry for confusion but it is some hard to lay out so much info in a thread.

Last edited:
I also tried 55 bts and 75 vmax as well as 87 v max......but no dice. Actually it reminds me of my 22 nosler Stoner tube
w00t.gif

Last edited:
Man, maybe it's another bad barrel like the AR Stoner 22 Nosler. The odds of having ammo issues after 160 rounds seems unlikely. A good barrel should have shot some of them into decent groups.

Im starting to wonder.....I've weight sort brass and bullets, trickled charges on the 1010, tried various setting depths, rem 7.5s and 450s and gone way farther than I've had to to get my woa 22 nosler and my bhw 6.5x6.8 to shoot to my liking.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223Hornady universal 6mm

Take it apart and see if there is excessive slop between the seating stem and sliding sleeve. The outside diameter of the stem should be 0.005 or less smaller than the hole in the alignment sleeve.

I had forgot that mine had excessive clearance and was causing run out to the point I could see it on loaded rounds. A quick call to the hornady tech and a new stem was in the mail.

Last edited:
I scoped the bore this morning and there is a chattered or chunked or chipped out area on the front edge of the gas port. It is discolored and the spot is about 1/3 the diameter of the hole to give you an idea of size. That cant be good. The hole is clean the rest of the way around so it seems it should be clean the full circumfrence.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223I scoped the bore this morning and there is a chattered or chunked or chipped out area on the front edge of the gas port. It is discolored and the spot is about 1/3 the diameter of the hole to give you an idea of size. That cant be good. The hole is clean the rest of the way around so it seems it should be clean the full circumfrence. I think I would send the barrel back to them, in my opinion that's definitely not a good thing

I spoke with the super nice lady at BHW [who's name escapes me] and the spot didn't seem to alarm her but I gave her my story on the accuracy issue and where the barrel came from and she is sending out a call tag no question asked. Gotta like that.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223I spoke with the super nice lady at BHW [who's name escapes me] and the spot didn't seem to alarm her but I gave her my story on the accuracy issue and where the barrel came from and she is sending out a call tag no question asked. Gotta like that. very much so!!!!

Your story sounds a lot like mine. I have a BHW 6x6.8 that has given me fits. Had all sorts of troubles with it, got some of it resolved but it still gives me fits. Same Issues as Varminter 223. Mineis pretty much relegated to the unused section of my safe. It shoots 58 V Max ok sometimes but it struggles to get an inch with most loads. Sent it back but never really got it to work like I think it should. Have far better performers than this one and thus it is unused.

Back