The Hammerjack

Questions..
Has anyone purchased/used the foxpro hammerjack?
If so, has the remote range actually been "improved" and if so, how?
I've been using icotec for the since I started using an ecaller, with good success.
I've bought 2 icotec products, only reason for the 2nd purchase was for additional sounds, and a decoy. My first one still works great.
The remote range is great and easy to use, never had a problem with the remote.
It's loud enough for the hills, hollers, and bottom land here I think.
That being said the foxpro sounds, features, reputation, and volume/clarity seems above and beyond the others, especially the sounds and options for call types.
But from what I've read, heard, and experienced with other people the remotes are finicky and the range does not compare to icotec's long range, no line of sight . Which I can't understand. Because just about every other "cheaper" caller has better range and not as finicky as the foxpros so called cheaper callers...
I don't want to spend $500+ on ecaller when my icotec for under $200 has been doing the job perfectly for me. I'm just curious is all.
I may be way off on the foxpros, just speaking from my observations and experiences with few other people I know who has foxpros.
I just want to be able to set the caller anywhere like my icotec and push the button and it work, in a bush, behind a log, in a ditch etc etc up to at least 100yds out but have the access to foxpros quality sounds and volume level without taking out a small loan..lol
The hammerjack retails at $300, which to me seems reasonable...at least more justifiable than $500+
Maybe the less expensive icotec has just ruined me bc we've had good success
Maybe I just want to much product for less of my hard earned money, I don't know?

sounds like that icotec has been working pretty good for you. doing everything but spreading the peanut butter on you bread. i would stick with it if i was you.

Go to FoxPro website check out the Inferno video. Remote works at 550 yards with call on the ground & out of sight. I know mine works at 300 yards as does my Fusion as well. Why buy a FoxPro when an Icotec works so well.

Last edited:
I have not personally experienced a problem with the range on the remotes from FoxPro. I am not disputing that people have had issues but I do question whether or not it was the remote or just a series of variables creating the problem. For example, ground scatter can cause any electronic device to become a bit sketchy so placing your caller on the ground could create an issue.

I hunt in a variety of terrains including hills, rocks, trees, brush, etc and the FoxPro works great. But like the guys said, if the Icotec is working then stick with it.

well I'm gonnna stick with it, for now... peanut freaking butter and all!!Because it is working I'm just curious about the new foxpro, dang!
I just like the foxpro quality of the sounds and possibility of adding more coyote vocalizations and stuff.
My icotec just has the 24 sounds and not programmable to add more bc I didn't op for the higher end.
Anyways I was just curious about the hammerjack
People are little touchy about their foxpros I see
Thx snowmanmo

Last edited:
Do your Icotecs have pre-set sounds?

If they don't go ahead and get a Hammerjack.

For me the most important feature on Foxpro callers are being able to set up the remotes with pre-set sounds.

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobDo your Icotecs have pre-set sounds?

If they don't go ahead and get a Hammerjack.

For me the most important feature on Foxpro callers are being able to set up the remotes with pre-set sounds. icotec GC 500 has a favorite mode which you can store your favorite sounds without having to search threw all your sound library...they have a new caller comming out soon....which you might want to look at..one has my name on it...but they havnt listed all the features..but I see a larger led screen...and remote...

Lots more to consider than remote range. I mean really, who needs a call 3 or 400 yards away? That is a novice and fruitless conversation. To hang your hat on that alone is folly.

I would look at how loud the call is, the sound library, service (they all break), the remotes features, how well its built etc. If you look at these more important issues the choice will be very clear.

Foxpro has done really well with these new calls from what I have seen. If you want some specifics on what has been done to enhance the remote range, shoot me a pm and I will get you some answers. My shock wave and cs24c have had no issues going out to 200+ yards

It's not the 300 yd range it's the fact that it works at 300, you know it will at 60. You won't be sitting there waving your remote around like your at a music concert trying to get it to hook up. All the while sitting there starring at it. I hardly ever set my call over 60 yds unless I'm hunting with a buddy, then sometimes it may be farther or closer depending on set ups etc. here where I hunt you can't see them coming to 1/2 mile and such. I may have the call sitting where I can't see it but my partner can and vise versa. Point being I've had no issue with remote hooking up.
I almost wish I would've got the icote 500 but it also has a different remote and I wasn't sure about its durability and functionality either. The range I believe would be fine, just wasn't sure about functionality and durability of it.
I've always said if I'm gonna spend significant amount of money on an ecaller it would be a foxpro and the hammerjack seems to have a lot of stuff I like at a price point that's not completely absurd. I'll continue to use what I have bc it works. But when I have to upgrade for whatever the reason whether it be the call fails or I just think I HAVE to have something different I just want improve not go backwards. The hammerjack has peaked my curiosity bc on paper it looks like something I'd would like..

Originally Posted By: Cool hand Luke81well I'm gonnna stick with it, for now... peanut freaking butter and all!!Because it is working I'm just curious about the new foxpro, dang!
I just like the foxpro quality of the sounds and possibility of adding more coyote vocalizations and stuff.
My icotec just has the 24 sounds and not programmable to add more bc I didn't op for the higher end.
Anyways I was just curious about the hammerjack
People are little touchy about theirar foxpros I see
Thx snowmanmo

My pleasure. I tried a lot of calls before finally getting my first Foxpro. My first caller was the Johnny Stewart PM3. I loved the calls but hated the cord and chips. So I decided to up grade and tried several others before going back to the PM3. But the visions of FoxPro still haunted my dreams. So I saved my lunch monies and finally bought a Scorpion. I was hooked. But even it had it's limits. So this time I took some tax money and bought my CS24. The CS24 is my regular coyote set up and my Scorpion goes with me for foxes and bobcats.

So if the great calls of FoxPro haunt you, and it won't break the bank, go for it.

Yea I mean what I got works, I bought the cheapest call at first, got hooked, learned to use diaphragm calls, hand calls, etc because I wanted to broaden my arsenal so to speak, love hand calling btw, but I've always had the foxpros in back of my mind like you was saying or haunting me..lol
The hammerjack has been one that really peaked my interest way more than others, besides the $500 plus ones

Originally Posted By: Cool hand Luke81Yea I mean what I got works, I bought the cheapest call at first, got hooked, learned to use diaphragm calls, hand calls, etc because I wanted to broaden my arsenal so to speak, love hand calling btw, but I've always had the foxpros in back of my mind like you was saying or haunting me..lol
The hammerjack has been one that really peaked my interest way more than others, besides the $500 plus ones

Then I would say go for it. Sounds like you have done things the right way so far. I have seen too many guys try to buy their way to the top but that doesn't sound like the case for you. So, sure, why not upgrade?

The new technology in the remotes gives them alot better range. It is simply a better way to transmit and the range has tripled if not more from the old. Buy the American Made caller and the sounds with it and you will call more coyotes. It really is that simple...since Jan 1st Ive called in over 150 coyotes. 81 on film and 34 of those are kills on four episodes for FURTAKERS.....In Canada it was-8 to -25 degs and the Foxpros got it done, last week with a couple wounded warriors in NM we called 23 in and killed 7 and the coldest it got was 80 degs...All the e callers out there will work to some degree...The FOXPROS will get it done in any condition. The HammerJack is going to be loud, have the appeal with the built on decoy, the improved distance with the remote and the PROVEN Foxpro sounds. You will not find a better built caller for the money.

Back