Have you seen this huge hog on the news?

Yes, it looks like that was a farm/pen raised hog. It appears the whetter was broken or worn down from old age allowing the tusk to grow long. No challenge to kill such an animal.

Dave

All kinds of questions here.

Did it really weigh that much? who actually weighed it?

He shot it with a 38? I highly doubt that unless it was almost dead already.

What was it doing in his Front Yard and why did it just stand there and let him shoot it?

I was out hunting last night and a Black cat came up to me and I immediately noticed it had a long tail. I scratched it on the head and begged it not to eat me, then made my escape, after it went to sleep.

That has been sent to me a about a dozen times by friends and relatives.

The last video I posted on the hog forum was made in a peanut field 10 miles from where this hog was killed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: grinder67 seen many a hog knocked straight down with a 22 rifle why is a 38 doubtful?

I shoot them wounded all the time with a Browning 22 myself but a live unwounded hog that big with a 38 I dont believe it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daddyfleaOriginally Posted By: grinder67 seen many a hog knocked straight down with a 22 rifle why is a 38 doubtful?

I shoot them wounded all the time with a Browning 22 myself but a live unwounded hog that big with a 38 I dont believe it.

Live unwounded is what I am talking about. 38 or 22 would not be my first choice for sure. But 38 for sure possible

Originally Posted By: grinder67Originally Posted By: daddyfleaOriginally Posted By: grinder67 seen many a hog knocked straight down with a 22 rifle why is a 38 doubtful?

Live unwounded is what I am talking about. 38 or 22 would not be my first choice for sure. But 38 for sure possible

Caught in a trap maybe but not out in the yard.

Back