Who's got the best remote out there?

Originally Posted By: reaper4Ultramag, I'll put my tx1000 against any other. I have hunted over them all. My tx1000 has worked passed 300

It must be different than the two I have.

Here we go with this argument again. I can tell you that the remotes that we have today will match or surpass any remote in the industry. The TX-1000's use FHSS spread spectrum technology that allows for more power than the other remote technology being used today. Our new remotes (used on the Banshee, Inferno, Patriot, Hammerjack, etc) have been tested out to 500 yards on the ground.
In the past, we had some issues with remote range on some of our remotes. It was not by design, but faulty modules. They have long been out of our lineup.

Regards,

Mike Dillon

I am a FoxPro guy. I started with a Wildfire 2 and worked my way up to a CS24C with a Hellfire in between. The TX1000 remote and the TX9 remote are two completely different remotes. I've never had any problems with the TX1000 working no matter where I put it. I on the other hand carry a shotgun and a rifle to EVERY stand. I place the call where I can get a coyote/bobcat into shotgun range (less then 50 yards). I've heard other guys say "my call will work 300 yards away", and all I can think is...why do you have you call 300 yards away? Doesn't matter if I'm hunting a field I can see 2 miles or 50 yards. I keep it close enough for the shotgun. Maybe your remote isn't the problem...maybe it's your tactics. Just my $.02.

FOXPRO.. plain and simple.. It's the only one out of makers that i have used that works, and works well.
I practically don't have to look at it while calling to use it.

Originally Posted By: FOXPROHere we go with this argument again. I can tell you that the remotes that we have today will match or surpass any remote in the industry. The TX-1000's use FHSS spread spectrum technology that allows for more power than the other remote technology being used today. Our new remotes (used on the Banshee, Inferno, Patriot, Hammerjack, etc) have been tested out to 500 yards on the ground.
In the past, we had some issues with remote range on some of our remotes. It was not by design, but faulty modules. They have long been out of our lineup.

Regards,

Mike Dillon

That's flat out bs,FOXPRO does NOT have a remote that out performs the GC500 remote. It's been proven time and time again. Not that distance is even a factor,"line of sight is also a problem. I know if I'm calling with a buddy and set him up in the direction where call is and I drop out of sight to watch the back door 99% of the time the TX1000 will not work while the ICOTEC remote works every time.

I will stand side by side with anyone willing and do a side by side with my shockeave and any gc500. The tx1000 is in another class. I will be honest and say that I have never set my call out of my line of sight over a hill and never will. But I can put it in a bean field 300 yards away and it works perfectly.

Ultramag,

I'll take that bet. You want to put money on it? We know that you're an Icotec guy, but I can tell you we have done our own comparisons and have different results.

Regards,

Mike Dillon

Originally Posted By: FOXPROUltramag,

I'll take that bet. You want to put money on it? We know that you're an Icotec guy, but I can tell you we have done our own comparisons and have different results.

Regards,

Mike Dillon Doesn't have anything to do with being a "icotec guy" Mike. You also know I've given foxpro 20 years or so of use prior. So yeah next time you're in the area I wouldn't shy away from alittle wager. That being said if I take one of my foxpros with it elevated on a tripod set up it works flawlessly and almost like putting a supercharger on a car.

Like I said, I will gladly take the wager anytime you want. You were on Icotec field staff (maybe still are?), and I know how some of them were saying things about the remote range, comparing it to the Wildfires and Spitfires. Can't say the same about any of our new stuff, even the Deadbones. The Buck Pro, Patriot, and Deadbone are all using 433, which is the same thing Icotec uses. Our higher end models use different technology. They all get great range anymore.

Regards,

Mike Dillon

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FOXPROLook at the Inferno test. Caller is on the ground, 550 yards away. Not in the air.

Regards,

Mike Dillon

I have a CS24C. Which remote is that?

TX1000. The CS24C's were never intended to be a main stream unit, as our other units are. Realize that the limited range on those units has nothing to do with the remote, rather it has everything to do with bell design and the selection of the antenna. Some of the early ones were metal speakers. The next version of the CS24 will have an antenna improvement on it that will improve the remote range on it as well. But again, remember it has nothing to do with the remote.

Regards,

Mike Dillon

If you have to sit 200yrds from your call, well, i am not sure that you are someone that i really want to hunt with.

If the point of calling is to bring them in, and you are not there, are you really doing yourself any favors? Not to mention spreading scent, wasting time wondering around, looking for somewhere you can set up the call and hopefully still see it, yet have a good shooting position at the same time.

Also, if you think you KNOW where they are going to come from and go to, you are missing out on a lot of chances.
Over the years i started with long shots, and now years later, i find that i am trying to decide if i should just wait a little and shotgun, or just shoot with a rifle inside 100.

Personally i prefer to shotgun as many as i can.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZIf you have to sit 200yrds from your call, well, i am not sure that you are someone that i really want to hunt with.

If the point of calling is to bring them in, and you are not there, are you really doing yourself any favors? Not to mention spreading scent, wasting time wondering around, looking for somewhere you can set up the call and hopefully still see it, yet have a good shooting position at the same time.

Also, if you think you KNOW where they are going to come from and go to, you are missing out on a lot of chances.
Over the years i started with long shots, and now years later, i find that i am trying to decide if i should just wait a little and shotgun, or just shoot with a rifle inside 100.

Amen!
I went thru a similar thought process until I got a shockwave. started with a wildfire then upgraded thru a few brands. the shockwave initially had remote problems so I called FoxPro and asked a few questions, to my surprise there was a new caller at my doorstep 2 days later and the remote worked much better.

now knowing how great their customer service is it was clear that I bought from a company that I am proud of!!

once a person utilizes the functions on the tx1000 such as fox fusion they'll understand. (blend fox sounds over pup distress and you'll see).

thank you Mike for the great product with excellent service. and if you are ever in Southern Indiana and want to shoot something at night look me up!

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZIf you have to sit 200yrds from your call, well, i am not sure that you are someone that i really want to hunt with.

So I never put my call more than 75-100 yards out max. But let's just say it's out 200,the coyote circles which puts it between you and the call. That's 100 yards an easy shot....some of the logic "excuses" make me scratch my head.

Originally Posted By: FOXPROTX1000. The CS24C's were never intended to be a main stream unit, as our other units are. Realize that the limited range on those units has nothing to do with the remote, rather it has everything to do with bell design and the selection of the antenna. Some of the early ones were metal speakers. The next version of the CS24 will have an antenna improvement on it that will improve the remote range on it as well. But again, remember it has nothing to do with the remote.

Regards,

Mike Dillon

Well I wish I would have seen that disclaimer before I dropped the better part of 500 on it.

The cs24c is arguably the best predator call ever made. Never met one single guy until today that wasn't happy with one. If it doesn't work for you it's no skin off my back as I own other calls too (shockwavve but to compare a high end foxpro to any icotec made just never made sense to me

Back