Luepold vx6 vs nightforce nxs

seasley

Looking for opinions on what scope to mount on a 25 dti

I have a couple of vx 6 scopes and am very pleased with the glass they have

I am wanting to know if the nightforce glass is any better than the vx6 glass

I know the nightforce is more expensive and I wanted your input on which is better

I am looking a a 2-10 scope for the 25dti

I own a VX-6 3-18x50, it replaced an NXS 3-15x56.

The NXS glass is superb, in full light. It never overly impressed me in low light hunting situations and the FOV was not that good either. For banging steel or punching paper, they are hard to beat though.

To my eye, the glass in the VX-6 is a good bit better in low light.

I have both and concur with both of the above. If your putting it on for strictly hunting the vx 6 if your banging long range then the night force gets the nod. And that firedot reticle is the way to go for hunting coyotes, especially in low light.

NXS glass is very disappointing, and nowhere near the quality of my VX6. Truthfully, I don't need a scope that's bullet proof, but I do need a scope that allows me to see in great detail.

Not me but my hunting bud says the luuppy is his choice i really couldnt say one way or another.They both loooked really good to me.He did offer he thought the luuppy glass was more crisp/sharp.

Originally Posted By: CZ527NXS glass is very disappointing, and nowhere near the quality of my VX6. Truthfully, I don't need a scope that's bullet proof, but I do need a scope that allows me to see in great detail.

I too had a NightForce and was very disappointed in the glass.Owned it about a week then sold it. No more for me.

The one main thing that disappointed me on the Nightforce was how difficult the recticle was to see without the illumination turned on. The NXS is a fantastic target/competition/sniper type scope, but for hunting i personally choose the Leupold. Swing by Sports World and have Kevin show you a Nightforce outside and then compare it to the Leupold. I think that will help seal the deal for you.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jcs271I run a VX6 2-12 with the firedot duplex on my 300win., OUTSTANDING hunting scope!
I have the same scope on my .308 DPMS G2. Perfect for my woods hunting for deer and bear.

I must've had a faulty vx6. I think the nxs glass is much better. I think it's much brighter, crisper, clearer. The vx6 is solid though, just not what I thought it would be.

Originally Posted By: mbaysinger89I must've had a faulty vx6. I think the nxs glass is much better. I think it's much brighter, crisper, clearer. The vx6 is solid though, just not what I thought it would be.

Glass is kinda subjective, but yes I'd say you definitely got a bad 6 and an exceptional NXS.

Someone told me the NXS 2.5-10x42 had different glass in it, but I can't confirm.

Ive got a VX6 3-18x50 on my go to coyote rifle and its about as good as it gets for a hunting rifle. Prefer it to my old Swarovski Z5 which I just sold and am buying the new VX5 HD for my 300 wsm. Ive never been a Nightforce fan..overpriced IMHO for what you get in a hunting optic.

In the past I would have said NF over anything Leupold has to offer, but not anymore.

The VX-6 models are no joke and I think the VX-5's are probably the best deal going right now.

The VX-6 and 5 models are just as good as NF for less money.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeHow did Leupold go from VX6 to a 5 model ?
This I have been pondering....

The VX 5 HD fits between the the VX3i and VX6HD. They still have the VX6's

I can say for certain the VX6 HD glass really is a little better than the VX6, not surprising. The 5 HD is supposed to be the
same glass as the 6 HD, just with a 5X zoom.

I'll know soon. Putting a 3-15 on another Beanland in progress.

Back