New HAMMER for this season!

kyyotestalker

After many years of using 15 plus pound bolt actions for deer and coyotes I figured its time to change it up. So why not use an AR15 in 6.5 Grendel for all my hunting this coming season. Going to slap this on my Sig M400 lower with moded safariland super stock and Geissele SSA-E trigger.

Sight in was promising, only had factory loaded ammo but 3/4moa with Hornady 123 SST and 1/2moa with Hornady 123 A-max's. I am planning on running handloaded 95 V-max's for coyotes and 123 ELD-M's for deer.

20" shilen 1-9" twist 6.5 Grendel with matched bolt
no name upper and BCG
ALG defense V2 rifle length handguard
Vltor Mod 4 medium latch charging handle
American Defense QD 20moa mount
Leupold mark 4 Precision 4.5-14x40mm (until NightForce shows up)

20%20inch%20shilen%206.5%20grendel_zpsn0xanutc.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MPFDLooks really good! But it doesn't look much lighter than what you described.

Should be right at 10 pounds fully rigged. Compared to my 16 pound savage hunting rifle from last season this rifle feels very lite to me.

Wow! That is one serious looking piece of equipment! I'm guessing you are going to love it ALMOST as much as the critters are going to hate it.

Finally got to do some more shooting last week. Factory hornady 123 grain ELD match ammunition is running 2550 average and prints 3/4moa average, and factory hornady 123 grain SST ammuntition runs 1 MOA at 2545 average.

Back