25 dti

seasley

I think I'm in the market and fixing to place a order on a 25 dti

I am just getting started into reloading and wanted to know what all has to be done with this case and bullets?

If it is something that is not for a beginner in reloading, I will change my mind and get something else, but I really would like to try one out

I have the 6mm DTI, and it's really no more difficult to load for than any other cartridge. There is one extra step of running the 6.8 SPC brass through the sizing die before loading the first time. The first firing blows the shoulder out, and you are good to go. I was a fairly new reloader when I bought mine and had no trouble. Mike supplied the data, and I worked up slowly

Seasley, The .25 DTI is one of the easiest calibers to load for that I produce. I have no reservations in recommending the .25 DTI to a novice handloader.

I have one of Dtech Mikes 25dti's very easy to reload for,6.8 brass,lube case,run thru 25dti size die,load and shoot,voila-25 DTI case. This has become my go to deer rifle.

25xDTI has my interest . What kind of performance can one expect from a 16" barrel and the.25 DTI ? . I would like to keep it as short OAL as possible ( 16" ) for packing with the added length of Suppressor.

I been really impressed with the .25x45 hunting and the fantastic performance out a 16" barrel with ease of Brass prep also. a comfortable 2800 fps Vel. with 87 grn., without bastardizing the Brass and Primer pockets at all .

There is a large thread about the DTI variants. The .25 is my pick. I just bought dies from D-tech for mine.
Its a very good caliber for yote. I am looking for 0-300 with no adjustment and should be easily attained.

Originally Posted By: IndexFinger

I been really impressed with the .25x45 hunting and the fantastic performance out a 16" barrel with ease of Brass prep also. a comfortable 2800 fps Vel. with 87 grn., without bastardizing the Brass and Primer pockets at all .

100% agree. With 70gr BK it is an absolute killer.

Back