Sound Delivery System

littledawg

After a lot of years and differents e-calls, I came to realize about 90%+ of the sounds out there are offered or rather owned by only two or three different companies. A guy could buy three different brands of e-calls and potentially end up with the exact same sound file. The sound might be called a different name, but it is the same sound. Even the most common sounds, sound like they have copied each other to some degree. At least to my ears.

Therefore, the only difference is the delivery system. The quality of the delivery system will make the sound better or worse. So when people are talking about the best sound library, we are really only talking about the best delivery system. I realize most sounds files are protected or encoded in some manner to prevent unauthorized copying, but even with a small amount of computer knowledge, a person can record and transfer any sound to his preferred device. For instance, I'm a Foxpro guy, not because I want to play their exclusive sounds, but because I happen to think their product is the best quality. I also play other non-FoxPro sounds, and I also drive a Ford.

The old FX3 sounded every bit as good as my CS24C. My point is, with the exception of a few new sounds here and there the only thing that changes is the convenience of the delivery system. I think the bulk of non-FoxPro e-calls have WT sound files. It's like bass fishing, a spinnerbait has been around for 100 years, the only thing that has changed is the equipment that delivers the spinnerbait.

Unless I'm wrong the only debate is Chevy v. Ford.....right?

Last edited:
Well if that's your thinking then just put a mic in front of the speaker or record the sound to your phones microphone and turn it into an mp3 or wav file.. No need to hook wires up to a callers speaker then into the mic jack to the computer..

Lots of money spent by the big companies on copyright infringement of sounds to ensure others don't do what you are saying is being done. There should be some old discussion on here posted by Gerald Stewart (Johnny Stewart's son) discussing copyright infringement of sounds,provided the threads haven't been lost during software updates.

Back