Predator Masters - The Beginning

Stu, that was a very nice thing that you did. I hope that all will stop in and pay their respects to the man and men and women who have given so much and to a place that we all call home.

To all that work so hard behind the scenes and work their tails off moderating.....THANK YOU.

gonzaga

Stu,

I don't post much anymore, so little in fact that I never saw this until now.

Thank you so much for this tribute to Will. A man that will never be forgotten.

Larry

This is very nice I agree..
I have so much more to add to this and a few other Mod that we not added in, I did have a lot of help from Critr Gitr, & Michael J. McCasland in the start we made a great team setting up the 1st Globe PM Hunt

Second that, Bad Dawg. I had always wondered the history of how this all got started, so it is nice to see it was born from a truly passionate individual's dream. And it seems to be going strong... RIP Will

One thing of note. I was here from the very beginning as well as the board that lead to Predator Masters. My old brain is a little fuzzy but Jay Nistetter my be able to offer some additional background. If memory serves, it was a progression from The Arizona Predator Posse. I'm fuzzy on the details but Jay can probably offer some insight. This has progressed into more that anyone could have ever imagined. I am very proud to have been involved in it's growth. Will Craig was one of the original and important contributors. He is missed very much.

Sorry, I just can't let this pass.

After Will passed, the moderators (I think there may have been about 30 of us) determined to keep Predator Masters alive. We identified 5 areas which needed leadership, and held elections to fill those positions. I was elected Hunt Chairman.

I contacted the Globe Chamber of Commerce for any useful information. I wrote letters to all motels and rooming establishments for the best deal for our members, selecting one which agreed to give a discount to all our hunters who reserved their rooms in advance.

Then I contacted all the restaurants, for a satisfactory meeting location, selecting one with adequate space and menu. I arranged for us to have exclusive use of a back room for us to gather in each evening, and a major room for our exclusive use for our big meeting the last day.

My wife and I made several trips from Wickenburg to Globe, physically checking out the motel and restaurant, and seeking a satisfactory camping area for those who wanted to camp. We camped in various areas to check the experience. I even contacted the county fairgrounds for some arrangement.

I guess I was some help, but other than discussions about things like the hunt dates, I don't remember anyone else making actual arrangements for the hunt. After all I was Hunt Chairman, and it was my responsibility. To say that I "helped" was a bit insulting.

Sorry for the rant.

Back