Pulsar vs ATN

daddyflea

I am going to buy a Thermal in the next few days. I am leaning both ways and I know very little about these. I am a little concerned about ATN reliability but they may be better. I am not rich by a long shot so help me decide what I need to buy. Going to be on a Suppressed 223 DPMS Sweet 16

We've researched failure rates of thermal units extensively. ATN's failure rate is anywhere between 18-25 percent. To ATN, that's acceptable.

Pulsar's failure rate on the other hand is .5 percent. That's why we sell their products and not ATN. You may get lucky and get a decent ATN. With Pulsar, you don't have to worry about it. Best of luck to ya!

How long do you plan on using it and will you be using it a lot?

If you plan on keeping it for five years or more and use it all the time get a Pulsar, if it's a safe queen that's rarely used and you plan on pawning it in six months, get an ATN.

Wow that's a big difference in failure rates. While I have only owned pulsars I didn't know that but makes me feel better about the products I've bought.

Not for Trijicon EO as they're a new company but when IR Defense was running the show, less than 1 percent. We don't expect much of a change there.

Update

I tried an ATN 384 Thermal. I got it in 07/18/2017 in the afternoon and sent it back the next morning.

Pulsar Rep met me for lunch and I bought a Pulsar 960 Conventional NV and a Battery Pack. It sighted in real easy except for me constantly moving the sight the wrong way.

It just seems that Thermal is great for locating game but the NV takes over for ID and the kill.

Last edited:
Back