NRA Question

Quote:One had to be a bit realistic about how such large organizations work. That's right, they work for their members

Quote:You have a question, what was it?
what are you doing in my state about CC

Quote:Do you really expect some call center operator making $12 am hour to answer it?
Yes, that's what they are paid to do.
Quote:Is even a call centre supervisor in a position to do that?
Yes

Quote:The fear mongering and fundraising annoys me, but this is the best game we have in town. Don't answer the phone, shred the mail, and turn the page, but don't cut off your nose to spite the face.

If you read the complete thread you would have seen that I didn't mind the emails, mail or the phone calls. All I wanted was an answer to a simple question about my state. If I cannot call this organization and get a answer to a simple question
then this organization shouldn't have a phone # for questions.

Quote:The fear mongering and fundraising annoys me, but this is the best game we have in town. Don't answer the phone, shred the mail, and turn the page, but don't cut off your nose to spite the face.

Again read the complete thread

Originally Posted By: larr Quote:One had to be a bit realistic about how such large organizations work. That's right, they work for their members

Quote:You have a question, what was it?
what are you doing in my state about CC

Quote:Do you really expect some call center operator making $12 am hour to answer it?
Yes, that's what they are paid to do.
Quote:Is even a call centre supervisor in a position to do that?

https://www.nraila.org/
Yes

If you read the complete thread you would have seen that I didn't mind the emails, mail or the phone calls. All I wanted was an answer to a simple question about my state. If I cannot call this organization and get a answer to a simple question
then this organization shouldn't have a phone # for questions.

Again read the complete thread

Larr, I know how frustrating it can be when attempting to communicate with a large organization. They simply are not, and cannot, be as reactive to every individual inquiry with over 5 million members, as the smaller state organizations. Thus, the NRA works with all state organizations to support your right to keep and bear arms. I find TSRA's Alice Tripp an invaluable asset to the assn. and it's members in her position as legislative director and I can depend on her to answer any and all questions regarding Texas legislation. She is our "boots on the ground" so to speak; she is the one closest to the issues. Many times, I have called upon her regarding a particular bill or when unable to contact the proper party @ NRA and she has never let me down. Thus my earlier suggestion that you try to make contact with your state association's legislative director, who I'm sure is in very close contact w/NRA-ILA and can inform you of exactly what steps are being taken in your state by NRA/MDSRPA and/or give you the contact information w/proper party @ NRA. I suspect when you identify and contact your state's Alice Tripp, your frustration will be reduced significantly.

https://www.facebook.com/MDSRPA

Another alternative (which I usually find a bit longer route than the above), I found some information regarding your question @ https://www.nraila.org/ , scroll down and fill out search data as follows:

NRA-ILA NEWS

SECTION

State Legislation

FROM

Maryland

WITHIN

Past Year

Click:
FILTER

This takes you to all pending legislation regarding firearms in your state. While it may not give you the exact information you seek, it will at the very least give you the bill number you are interested in and it's status at the time and provides you with a hot link which you can use to contact your representatives. Mentioning the bill number to whomever you contact will be most helpful.

Originally Posted By: fourth item down:

NRA-ILA NEWS
Legal & Legislation
Monday, March 20, 2017

Maryland: Pro-Carry Legislation Pending Final Vote on House Floor

I applaud your interest in the ongoing struggle to maintain our 2nd Amendment rights. Good luck, and above all, don't get discouraged; persistence will pay off in the long run.

35636386980_2efa554fbc.jpg

Regards,
hm

I was called a couple of weeks ago to renew my membership (I let it lapse intentionally). I was asked why I didn't want to renew. I told them, when the NRA decides to stop moving left then call me. All it wants is my money. When it stops agreeing that "common sense gun laws are ok" (i don't believe in "common sense" laws of any kind) and the Constitution says what it says, "shall not be infringed", then I'll send them my money again. If people are too dangerous to retain their 2A rights, they are too dangerous to be free in society. The government got away with a little gun-control a hundred years ago and now look at what we got. In the thread on the 2A, one of the courts opinions, it mentioned that the right to bear arms wasn't given to us by the Constitution, that the 2A RESTRICTED the government from infringing on that right.

Last edited:
Back