The Burger Joint

tripod3

A new local Marijuana Shop will be opening and a permitted large mobile facility arrived and the planned site was under water.
The local burger stop just had them place it in the front parking lot of their establishment.
So the delivery company just started skirting it there.
I have dubbed it the Burger Joint cause now you can get a burger or a joint, and if you have a joint you will want a burger.

Originally Posted By: hm1996Been wondering, how do they square it with the feds?

Regards,
hm

Don't put the money in the bank.

that's the problem, they don't.

obama decided that he wasn't going to enforce federal laws so in states that legalised it, businesses popped up. but it's still a federally controlled drug, so banks won't touch money that's in the slightest way connected to it, businesses can still do drug screenings for it, it still is a legal disqualifier for gun ownership under federal law.

should trump now give the order for federal agencies to step up enforcement, there's going to be a lot of people with some really bad days ahead. this is far from resolved.

it won't work it's way through the courts unless some federal enforcement starts taking place, giving standing to some people to file challenges. and it's either going to have to work it's way up to the USSC -and be heard & decided- or congress is going to have to pass some legislation that rolls back existing federal laws on the subject.

Yep, it's legal in the states, and the Feds can enforce and crack down or not.. In this case they ignore it..

I can tell you though it's a money cow.. Even if you don't like it.. IF they start a medical thing near you, dig up every penny and do it.

I tried and didn't get drawn in the lottery pick, but each of these places makes thousands and thousands a week. There is one place that i am talking to that makes almost a million a month. (gross)

I can't be the guy digging for gold, but have been trying to be the guy selling the picks and shovels to these gold miners. You could do the same in your area.

The Federal banks because of GLBA and the newer Frank Dodd stuff makes it so that a bank has to know what you are doing. Since it's federally illegal they can't help you..
Some states are letting state banks, like trusts and such, do business. (as they should if the state says its legal)
but in the end cash is still cash and the city, county, and state all get a piece of the action for doing nothing and that is a total of 12% here in Phoenix.

I don't know what the deal is with WA, but in AZ each place gets a grow lic. They use a lot of electricity, and water.

I would love to have a property that is under water.. Bring in a track hoe, and put in a rain water collection tank and use that water to off set the rest of my needs. build a building fence around it and insulate the snot out of the building and lease it to the lic holder for a grow site.

I don't like liberals as much as the next guy here, but i wouldn't hesitate to take all of their money.

The pot cash cow creates a lot of interesting things.
Many billboards in use. One near here states a million joints sold. Doesn't say how much pot that took.
Of course I remember McDonalds displaying over a billion served and the joke was it only took one cow.

ha, that's not that much..

It's only slightly less than 2,205 lbs of pot. (there is about a gram in a joint)

Or the same as about one large bull.. haha (on the hoof of course)

I know that I am going to get flamed for this, but...........

I don't care if some places have made it "legal" or not.
I don't care if some think it helps with pain and such from diseases.
I don't care if some, (such as my middle son...age 29...who fought in Iraq a few years ago), claim that smoking dope helps with their PTSD.

In my book, pot is wrong. Period.
Maybe it's the way I was raised.

But, it's an illegal drug. (In my state a person still gets arrested for it.)

(In fact, last month, same son...who is on probation for domestic violence...spent 48hrs in county jail, because he failed a manditory UA. The idiot KNEW he was going to take a UA, yet he still intentionally smoked pot with a "friend", the day before the testing. He said that he did it, because his PTSD made him feel like he wanted to go out and kill someone...anyone. So, he needed to "chill out".)

Am I irrational, and think it's anywhere near as harmful as cocaine or meth? Of course not.

Some (read as "most") people are firm believers, that pot is "harmless". And causes no pshycological problems.

I disagree.
I have seen it's effects, on others.

I, myself, have never touched the stuff.
Never touched anything except booze.....which back in my late-teens/early-20s was bad enough.
I very rarely even drink now. Maybe one beer in 6 months, if that.

Like I said, I know that a LOT of people will disagree with my view.
And, since they are U.S. citizens, they have that right.

I will forever stand firm...and unapologetic...in my belief that pot is wrong.

Now...I will climb down from my soap box, and let the mudslinging at my head start.

No need to worry about flaming, it's a good reason to try a joint. JK
I know plenty of people who won't even set foot at this restaurant now. Many actions are much worse than that.
I have no problem with their personal protest. I do have a problem with those who have broken the law in a destructful damaging illegal way to protest. When their friends and neighbors voted it legal it is going forward.

Florida recently voted in Medical Marijuana, but the legislature put in some pretty stringent requirements and one being that the smoke stuff is still illegal..Oil ingestion is about all that is allowed....One of the big law firms that was behind the vote is currently really upset about the restriction and the head of the firm is making noises about running for Governor in the next election...

The initial proposal that was defeated was worded so that almost any 'dealer' could be exempt from enforcement...The new bill cuts out a lot of the legal loop holes and therefor reduced the need of lawyers in a criminal complaint...

To each their own.
Addiction by it's very definition is self destructive actions. Your son sounds as if he was using his condition to justify the actions of someone that is being self destructive. That is a shame. Hopefully he has a medical card, or he will have a serious issue.

Just because the Gov makes something illegal doesn't mean it has no value.

You drink but that drug is OK, Others use other things.

to each their own.

Before you condem it, i suggest looking at the research from the Israel Dr. that has been studying it's effects for 40 years. They have issues with PTSD and other things, he has some interesting research to read. It may not change your mind, but may give anyone willing to read a different opinion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raphael_Mechoulam

Tbone.....I am assuming that the post immediately above this one, was meant for me. Hahaha

Yes, to each his own.

I agree that my son's excuse of it helping his PTSD is simply that...an excuse.
He was smoking pot when he was still in high school.
He didn't live with me, so my attempts at dealing w/problem were ignored.
Yes, he has always had a self-destructive personality. And he has always hated to live by other people's rules.

And, no, he doesn't have a medical card. He has never actually been diagnosed w/PTSD (or anything else).

Originally Posted By: canislatrans54Tbone.....I am assuming that the post immediately above this one, was meant for me. Hahaha

Yes, to each his own.

I agree that my son's excuse of it helping his PTSD is simply that...an excuse.
And, no, he doesn't have a medical card. He has never actually been diagnosed w/PTSD (or anything else).

yes, and I am sorry to hear this stuff. It's got to be hard to watch a kid go down this road without being able to stop it.

I have been to the VA, you have to file the paperwork, be seen and evaluated at the VA, then they verify your story to your file and places you have been. Lots of people claim they saw combat, but never actually left the bases, Or were even shot at.
After all that process, you try the counseling and medications they give. But, the meds make it hard to focus and work (imo)
After years of trying it their way, i tried other options

I was all anti drug too, but when you say that you don't support it, i ask anyone to ask yourself do you take meds for other things from your Dr. Do you not take any meds? Well, hearing the government tell you these drugs are OK, and these are not, Ok, fine.. But, who made that decision, why?

Then i did some research and low and behold in other countries they are finding that there are lots of things THC and CBD are good for.
just google about Charlotte's web CBD study.

The government says this is bad, but for certain conditions it's good, but it's bad.. You go to jail for this but not drinking.. Unless you give us $150 a year to get a card, then it's good. Oh and 12% tax. Now it's good.

So, is it really bad, or is it a situation where drug companies that give lots of money to politicians are making an impact on what is or isn't approved? Is that making the best decisions for your health?

As for the burger joint.. I think it's funny.. But, you would be surprised at the people that go in and use. I see all kinds that i would never guess use it. My co-workers would argue with you all day if you tried to tell them i did. They would never believe it.

As for the Florida where they allow the oil.. That is funny.. The oil is in a Vape pen, which works great and you don't realize unless you are aware of it, that someone is using it. It's also what they use to make cookies and candy.. So, that wasn't really a good idea since the vape lasts a couple of hours at best (typically an hour) the green stuff everyone thinks of lasts several hours, and the oil in something you eat can last as long as 6-8 hours. People that freak out and end up at the ER room (not that they need it, its just they freak out)
are typically those that eat it. Take to much and eat it, and you are going to be in a headlock for a long ride. Not fun, not dangerous since it doesn't effect the part of your brain that controls body function like breathing and heart beat. You can die from overdose on alcohol or RX drug abuse. Pot, they just need to sleep it off.

I am not justifying, just giving a different opinion.

I used to smoke out everyday, the first times I smoked it I loved the way it made me feel. It would be hypocritical of me to clown anyone who smokes it for any reason. I quite because I do not know moderation and I got to a point where I smoked it just to feel normal, not because it was not legal. If you look around, it being illegal is not stopping those who choose to smoke it. I heard it said; "The most dangerous thing about marijuana is getting caught with it." In Oklahoma if you get caught with it is a misdemeanor, get caught with it subsequent and you are a felon. Not for the grace of God, I can still hunt with firearms.

Do I want my kids smoking it? Absolutely not. People I Know are pissing their lives away sitting on the couch smoking weed. Yet, THC has a very therapeutic medical value, but it has been stigmatized kinda like suppressors. We have a prescription drug overdose and addiction epidemic, but it gets less MSM coverage because those meds are doctor prescribed and it effects perceived, productive members of our society. Pot heads are stereotyped as stoner liberals but they are not dieing in their sleep in record numbers like with prescription overdoses. Mega pharmaceutical companies are giving their investors maximum rate of return by feeding off this epidemic, rest assured the Govt is getting paid taxes.

When was the last time you saw a SWAT team raid a doctors office, or series of raids based of investigations of all these "pain management" doctors handing out scripts? Is it not obvious that the symptoms of this epidemic are traced back to certain doctors? The war on drugs is never ending, lest money, property and prestige is to stop diverting from the primary purpose.

The government needs to re-evaluate old ideals

Some years back I remember a drunk lady hitting and killing 5 teenagers that were stopped at a red light in a small car here in Michigan.The lady survived.

I've never heard a story like that about pot. Never once!

With that being said, I don't condone it. I used to smoke back in the day and I know a lot of people that smoke. I quit almost 12 years ago. I was smoking just to be ok and I didn't want to live like that. I wanted to be ok without dependence on something.

Like I said I know many people who smoke. I'm in the trades and there are more people who use pot than people who don't. One thing I've noticed is that many of them eventually turn to pills, which in my eyes I put in the same category as crack and heroin. And after looking at their lives from the outside, it isn't too appealing. My view of someone who has it together is someone who can deal with reality without substances.

Not trying to offend anyone out there that is reading this that smokes. In all honesty I'd rather see someone smoke than do anything else, including drinking alcohol.

I am no expert but from occasional observations many drunks drive fast but think they're not going at the max possible.
People smoking mary jane drive slow and often think they're exceeding the speed limit.
Much public perception has been trained to think Smoking weed leads to hard substance abuse. Many resort to pills because its quick easy private and no odor. Most drug abusers are going to do it no matter what. They live for that.
Today they are blaming physicians and drug company profits in the 90's for the current mexican heroin use surge.
Now people kids and dogs are dying from contact, inadvertent or otherwise, with fentanyl.
I like fentanyl and it tastes great too. At 80 to 100 times more potent than morphine you better ramp up correctly or it can kill fast by respitory and or heart failure.
So one gram of fentanyl can equal 100 grams morphine.
This all equates to most marijuana being less potent than some beer. Laced stuff would be different I am sure.

After seeing the results of cannabis oil with an autistic teenage girl and an adult male with Parkinson's I'm all for the use of medical marijuana. Anybody who watched the transformation would be all for it as the results were remarkable. The girl was beating herself in the head with both fists and after just one minute after one drop of oil under her tongue she was completely normal. The adult male with Parkinson's could not sit still or even speak and within one minute he was laid back having a conversation. Nobody who see's this can argue the value of medical marijuana. Any drug can be abused be it alcohol, pills or pot, it's all up to the user. Drug addiction is not a disease but a choice of mind. I used to smoke what I grew mainly because I liked it but haven't toasted a bowl in many years. I would take a hit, sometimes two after work in the evening and so far as I can tell with no lasting side effects. I would much rather meet a pot head on the road than a drunk driver any day as I guarantee you the pot head will be going the speed limit or less. As Tbone says you would be amazed at the number of folks who smoke a joint every now and then. Around my area prescription pills has become an epidemic but legal while pot is still very much illegal.

Originally Posted By: Tnslim Drug addiction is not a disease but a choice of mind.

Amen! Exactly! The disease theory got pushed so hard back during the self-help boom that almost 90% of Americans believed it. I call it a dis-ease. A dis-ease with life. If you have the option of change you do not have a disease, period.

It was refreshing to see that in your post.

Back