ATN X-sight II 3-14x

vahunter22

Has anyone actually tried this newest nv sight from ATN? I read a lot of negative sounding reviews about the first generation of ATN x-sights, but it sounds like they have worked many of the bugs out. I also know there are set backs like it eating up batteries quick, but as far as just putting down some predators in the dark does it work?

I just got mine last week and sighted it in Sunday at the range. So far so good shot around a 5/8" 4 shot group at 100yds. Hope to get it out this week and try it out. The Ir light that comes with the new ones appeared to be much better than the one that came with them when they first came out. I still did buy the Coyote Reaper IR and by just looking at it in the yard it appears to be much brighter than the factory IR light.

Do the newer model scopes have the flicker in the screen like the older ones did, or is there an upload fix for that?

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Do the newer model scopes have the flicker in the screen like the older ones did, or is there an upload fix for that?

Only flicker at all is when you set the light sensitivity to low but ATN recommends running it in medium light sensitivity and it has no flicker at all. Was playing with mine in the backyard earlier and I could see the black mailbox at the end of my road .2 miles away with no problems with the Coyote Reaper IR light attached.

NCyote does yours go up to 35 power on the zoom. I have been watching reviews on youtube and these scopes are packed with features, seems most of them work now to some degree. Worst complaint I read was the short battery life, but with an external seems to do pretty well.

I'm full of questions it seems, but inquiring minds want to know. LOL.

Does the crosshair remain centered in the view after adjustment, or does it move about in the view? The Photon has that issue of crosshair movement being off-center, which I don't like. It requires a 20 MOA rail, or rings like the Burris Z to bring it to near center zero. Just wondering if the X-Sight has the same issue.

Thanks ncyotecaller for all the feedback. That's good to hear. I was thinking of giving it a shot as well. Please post once you get to take it out for some realtime action! Good luck.

Originally Posted By: weekenderNCyote does yours go up to 35 power on the zoom. I have been watching reviews on youtube and these scopes are packed with features, seems most of them work now to some degree. Worst complaint I read was the short battery life, but with an external seems to do pretty well.
Yes mine will go up to 35x which after reading about this is why I went with the 3-14 over the 5-20. Plus it is $100 less than the 5-20.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
I'm full of questions it seems, but inquiring minds want to know. LOL.

Does the crosshair remain centered in the view after adjustment, or does it move about in the view? The Photon has that issue of crosshair movement being off-center, which I don't like. It requires a 20 MOA rail, or rings like the Burris Z to bring it to near center zero. Just wondering if the X-Sight has the same issue.

It moves!

Originally Posted By: aaronmach1Ill be getting mine monday cant wait!

Looking forward to a good review, especially some night video if possible.

I bought one of these this spring to mount on a .300 Blk AR I built. It is my first experience with night vision, and I didn't want to ( and couldn't) blow 4k for thermal, or deal with the hassle of switching from day to night scopes.
They are different, more like dealing with a camera. Daggone finicky about focus, both ocular and objective.
You must use the provided sunshade with it's small orifice when in day mode, or white targets get "washed out".
It's night mode is what surprised me.
In full moon light (no clouds), I had to stay in day mode until 10pm. The IR light only seems to make a difference with no background light.
The attached photo was taken with no IR, on a cloudy night with some moonlight, at 3x. Those trees were 850 yds from me.
[img:center]http://imgur.com/zChPUxI[/img]
The one thing that does suck, is the extended battery.
It is an absolute must to keep this running for any period of time, but the battery shuts off after you power down the scope.
Then you get to re-set the time and date when you fire it back up.
For the money, it's not bad, but you do have a steep learning curve with all the functions and settings.

I have not tried the "double" mode.
The instructions warn that you will get heavy pixelation at the high magnification. I have seen that in a snapshot thru mine
@14x, without the sunshade on white/light targets in day mode.
Didn't need to farther.

Back