Christensen Arms

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3080718 - 07/13/17 06:11 PM Re: Another Boyd's question [Re: pyscodog]
Matlock Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: ID - Idaho
I kind of like the simplicity of the Pro Varmint. Boyd's only warranties their products for 90 days, or that's what I could find on their web site. With the At-One being so new and all those adjustments, it makes me wonder how long they will last before something breaks.

#3080727 - 07/13/17 06:42 PM Re: Another Boyd's question [Re: pyscodog]
pyscodog Offline
PM senior

Loc: okla
I've had the PV on another rifle and liked it. I have a similar stock on a rimfire too.I just couldn't force myself to buy the At-One without seeing one first. Maybe another time, another rifle.

#3081280 - 07/17/17 12:49 PM Re: Another Boyd's question [Re: pyscodog]
BWB Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: South Dakota, USA
I have both the ProV and the At-One and there is a huge weight difference. The At-One weighs much less and comes in around what a traditional style laminate stock would weigh. It's noticeably smaller in size, that said...if you are shooting mostly off a bench, I would get the ProV. If you are worried about weight and like the ease and quickness of the adjustability of the At-One, go that route.

The only thing I dislike about the At-One is the adj cheek is chintzy and moves when on the highest setting.

#3081320 - 07/17/17 05:16 PM Re: Another Boyd's question [Re: pyscodog]
pyscodog Offline
PM senior

I just got a conformation and tracking number today. Just ordered it on the 13th. Way to go Boyd's!!! A lot faster than the last time I ordered from them.

#3081329 - 07/17/17 05:45 PM Re: Another Boyd's question [Re: pyscodog]
B23 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Pacific NW
Originally Posted By: pyscodog
I just got a conformation and tracking number today. Just ordered it on the 13th. Way to go Boyd's!!! A lot faster than the last time I ordered from them.

The people who answer the phones at Boyd's are always very pleasant but I don't believe I've ever talked to a company representative that knew LESS about their product than the folks that answer the phones at Boyd's. If you have a specific question and you can't find the answer on their website, forget about it, because anyone who answers the phone at that place will know less than you and I've for sure never dealt with a company that went from delivering a product in less than two weeks on one purchase to nearly three months on another purchase. They seem to be alllllll over the map when it comes to their delivery estimates but they'll always say two weeks. Nice folks but I think they're a little effed up at times.

#3081340 - 07/17/17 07:02 PM Re: Another Boyd's question [Re: pyscodog]
pyscodog Offline
PM senior

When I ordered the stock, the estimated ship date was the 17thI believe. I ask the lady if that was correct. She replied No, we were shut down over the 4th for a week and they were behind a little. Then told me two week for manufacturing and about a week for shipping so.....2-3 weeks, then today, the 17th, I'm told it shipped. I'm not complaining. Sooner is always better than later!! But your right B23 there's a bit of confusion going on there. Hope its the right stock. LOL

#3081403 - 07/18/17 08:54 AM Re: Another Boyd's question [Re: pyscodog]
hunter243sgk Online
Seasoned Member

Loc: ky
Yes that co can be hard to deal with. I have called them many times and never even got a answer. And the one girl who usually answers does not know that much about there products. Pyscodog ypu have a pm. Its like dealing with PT&G a few years ago maybe still is!

#3081710 - 07/19/17 02:32 PM Re: Another Boyd's question [Re: pyscodog]
pyscodog Offline
PM senior

Waiting on the "Big Brown Truck". The tracking says my stock is out for delivery!!!!!!!

#3081737 - 07/19/17 05:56 PM Re: Another Boyd's question [Re: pyscodog]
pyscodog Offline
PM senior

Big Brown showed up. Less than 10 minutes and the model 12 is sporting a new laminate stock. Fit and finish was no less than perfect. 100% drop-in! I did have to replace the front action screw because the one in the plastic stock was to short. I shortened it when I realized the front screw was not tight. When I tightened it, it would lock up the bolt. It pays to save your old parts.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  OldTurtle 

Forum Stats
54418 Members
87 Forums
325467 Topics
3065236 Posts

Max Online: 4372 @ 01/25/15 10:27 PM
Today's Birthdays
BiggMayn, brdeano, Courtgus, Foxman14, huntyotes, JW Stevens, lewis, NEYOTEMAN, rainshadow1, Rossier450r, simon_445, slack
© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.