Safari Club International

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3081305 - 07/17/17 04:12 PM Re: NRA Question [Re: Stu Farish]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas
^^^^^^Spot on.
NRA is closely monitored by IRS, especially when the Dems are in office. Dues cannot be used for political purposes, thus the NRA-ILA and their incessant fund raising.

I worked as a volunteer for a number of years at area gun shows recruiting new members. The number one complaint I heard was about the never ending phone and mail solicitation for funds, so I relayed message to HQ. I was told that it was cheaper to make a (bulk) mailing to ALL members than to sort out those who had recently contributed. Their suggestion was to call 800-392-8683 and ask to be removed from the list or, simply disregard the requests. I know it works, because both my wife and I are benefactor members and we got a double dose of the mailers until I called and had one name removed from the list.

Don't know what the solution is for phone solicitors, other than caller ID. I just don't answer ANY anonymous phone calls.

You can rest assured that if it were not for NRA and a few other legitimate gun owner groups, your 2nd Amendment rights would not look anything like they do today and that takes membership numbers and money, as Stu said.

Regards,
hm

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3081335 - 07/17/17 06:27 PM Re: NRA Question [Re: larr]
Tbone-AZ Offline
PM senior

Loc: AZ, Phoenix
That is just lazy on their behalf and costing them members

Its nothing to mark those that have donated in the past quarter, They could add a field to their database of members for date of last donations.

Then when they print off the list, or most likely run the query for the database to send in electronic version for the printing company, they can exclude anyone that has donated within 30-90 days. It would take a few minutes to update the query or report to do this.

I know i am not the only one, but after the harrassment, the asking to be removed, the continued calls.. I also had times where there were things going on in AZ, and was emailing why they were not getting involved, got no response..

Well, i hate to say it, but i let the membership expire and give the money to a AZ group. As donations, not members. TO get around the IRS rules.
From time to time, i do donations to NRA when i see them doing things i like, but won't sign up again. I would rather donate, so they can use it, and not get all the phone calls. The mail just gets tossed.

#3081364 - 07/17/17 09:55 PM Re: NRA Question [Re: larr]
Stu Farish Offline
Moderator/Webmaster

Loc: Have gun, will travel
it actually doesn't cost them or the members anything. the marketing companies get paid on what they produce & it's up to them what they want to spend to do it.

#3081514 - 07/18/17 04:11 PM Re: NRA Question [Re: hm1996]
larr Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: marylands eastern shore
Originally Posted By: hm1996
I understand why that would upset you. No one likes to be ignored when trying to get answers.

Reason I suggested your state RA, is that I can usually get quicker answers from TSRA when it comes to Texas issues. Usually, the smaller the organization, the more responsive they are and state assns. usually have an NRA liaison officer.

I'd give the NRA-ILA a call @ 800-392-8683, tell them your concerns and ask to speak to a supervisor. Ask the name of the party you are speaking to at each step until satisfied; I've found with any organization, when I have the name of contact they seem to be much more responsive. wink

Regards,
hm

Well, I tried your advise hm but I'm through with the nra! I called and ask my question and was told to go to their website to find out!! Then I asked her for her name and she said Anna, I ask to talk to a supervisor and she told me that it was against the guidelines that were set up!!! So I told her to take me off all of their mailing lists including email and phone list. If that's how the nra wants to treat its members they can kiss my AZZ. I've been a life member since 1990, but if they think that I'm going to give them a dime of my money after today they must be crazy!!!!. Im thinking the nra are money and power hungry, I believe they forgot what they truly stand for!
Thomas Jefferson

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#3081613 - 07/19/17 12:03 AM Re: NRA Question [Re: larr]
springer Online
Seasoned Member

Loc: Indiana
One had to be a bit realistic about how such large organizations work. You have a question, what was it? Do you really expect some call center operator making $12 am hour to answer it? Is even a call centre supervisor in a position to do that? The website has the approved position on common issues. It actually makes sense to refer you there.

The fear mongering and fundraising annoys me, but this is the best game we have in town. Don't answer the phone, shred the mail, and turn the page, but don't cut off your nose to spite the face.

Edited by springer (07/19/17 12:05 AM)

#3081631 - 07/19/17 06:05 AM Re: NRA Question [Re: springer]
larr Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: marylands eastern shore
Quote:
One had to be a bit realistic about how such large organizations work.
That's right, they work for their members

Quote:
You have a question, what was it?

what are you doing in my state about CC

Quote:
Do you really expect some call center operator making $12 am hour to answer it?

Yes, that's what they are paid to do.
Quote:
Is even a call centre supervisor in a position to do that?

Yes

Quote:
The fear mongering and fundraising annoys me, but this is the best game we have in town. Don't answer the phone, shred the mail, and turn the page, but don't cut off your nose to spite the face.

If you read the complete thread you would have seen that I didn't mind the emails, mail or the phone calls. All I wanted was an answer to a simple question about my state. If I cannot call this organization and get a answer to a simple question
then this organization shouldn't have a phone # for questions.

Quote:

Again read the complete thread
Thomas Jefferson

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#3081650 - 07/19/17 10:26 AM Re: NRA Question [Re: larr]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas
Originally Posted By: larr
Quote:
One had to be a bit realistic about how such large organizations work.
That's right, they work for their members

Quote:
You have a question, what was it?

what are you doing in my state about CC

Quote:
Do you really expect some call center operator making $12 am hour to answer it?

Yes, that's what they are paid to do.
Quote:
Is even a call centre supervisor in a position to do that?

https://www.nraila.org/
Yes

Quote:

If you read the complete thread you would have seen that I didn't mind the emails, mail or the phone calls. All I wanted was an answer to a simple question about my state. If I cannot call this organization and get a answer to a simple question
then this organization shouldn't have a phone # for questions.

Quote:

Again read the complete thread

Larr, I know how frustrating it can be when attempting to communicate with a large organization. They simply are not, and cannot, be as reactive to every individual inquiry with over 5 million members, as the smaller state organizations. Thus, the NRA works with all state organizations to support your right to keep and bear arms. I find TSRA's Alice Tripp an invaluable asset to the assn. and it's members in her position as legislative director and I can depend on her to answer any and all questions regarding Texas legislation. She is our "boots on the ground" so to speak; she is the one closest to the issues. Many times, I have called upon her regarding a particular bill or when unable to contact the proper party @ NRA and she has never let me down. Thus my earlier suggestion that you try to make contact with your state association's legislative director, who I'm sure is in very close contact w/NRA-ILA and can inform you of exactly what steps are being taken in your state by NRA/MDSRPA and/or give you the contact information w/proper party @ NRA. I suspect when you identify and contact your state's Alice Tripp, your frustration will be reduced significantly.

https://www.facebook.com/MDSRPA

Another alternative (which I usually find a bit longer route than the above), I found some information regarding your question @ https://www.nraila.org/ , scroll down and fill out search data as follows:

NRA-ILA NEWS

SECTION

State Legislation

FROM

Maryland

WITHIN

Past Year

Click:
FILTER

This takes you to all pending legislation regarding firearms in your state. While it may not give you the exact information you seek, it will at the very least give you the bill number you are interested in and it's status at the time and provides you with a hot link which you can use to contact your representatives. Mentioning the bill number to whomever you contact will be most helpful.

Originally Posted By: fourth item down:

NRA-ILA NEWS
Legal & Legislation
Monday, March 20, 2017

Maryland: Pro-Carry Legislation Pending Final Vote on House Floor

I applaud your interest in the ongoing struggle to maintain our 2nd Amendment rights. Good luck, and above all, don't get discouraged; persistence will pay off in the long run.

Regards,
hm

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3082635 - 07/25/17 07:11 PM Re: NRA Question [Re: larr]
USMC6976 Offline

Loc: Arkansas
I was called a couple of weeks ago to renew my membership (I let it lapse intentionally). I was asked why I didn't want to renew. I told them, when the NRA decides to stop moving left then call me. All it wants is my money. When it stops agreeing that "common sense gun laws are ok" (i don't believe in "common sense" laws of any kind) and the Constitution says what it says, "shall not be infringed", then I'll send them my money again. If people are too dangerous to retain their 2A rights, they are too dangerous to be free in society. The government got away with a little gun-control a hundred years ago and now look at what we got. In the thread on the 2A, one of the courts opinions, it mentioned that the right to bear arms wasn't given to us by the Constitution, that the 2A RESTRICTED the government from infringing on that right.

Edited by USMC6976 (07/25/17 07:12 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  DesertRam, Stu Farish 

Forum Stats
54590 Members
87 Forums
326697 Topics
3076334 Posts

Max Online: 4372 @ 01/25/15 10:27 PM
Today's Birthdays
axehandle, BRIZ, bullrider, jhoffman, Otter5, randall729, Tasha
© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.