Looking for extended eyepiece for ir hunter mark ll 35 mm

Hammer1113

Having a little problem getting my ir defense mark ll 35mm back far enough on my bolt action rifle, if I mount it back to where it needs to be for my eye to fit into the eyepiece it interferes with the bolt and won't allow me to cycle the bolt open and when I mount it to where the bolt opens than my eye can't seat into the eyepiece which lights up my face. Does someone make an aftermarket eyepiece that extends further than the stock one from ir defense.

I'm not sure about an "extended" eyepiece but my buddy runs his Reap without anything on it. He also scans with it and hasn't had any issues with the backsplash of light. My only concern would be being able to get a full field of view. I think UNV makes an adapter to hold the eyecup on better ( more tension), not sure if it extends farther out or not.

I got the adapter from unv that holds the eyecup on better and it is an improvement but it doesn't extend the eyepiece. I have been running it with a different eyepiece that you don't have to press into to open it up but its open and lets dust into the eyepiece and I was looking for something that seals the eyepiece like the one that comes from ir defense but longer.

Originally Posted By: Hammer1113Having a little problem getting my ir defense mark ll 35mm back far enough on my bolt action rifle, if I mount it back to where it needs to be for my eye to fit into the eyepiece it interferes with the bolt and won't allow me to cycle the bolt open and when I mount it to where the bolt opens than my eye can't seat into the eyepiece which lights up my face. Does someone make an aftermarket eyepiece that extends further than the stock one from ir defense.

Buy an AR.......................

Ha Ha. There's that option for sure.
Personally, I run a scope cap on the eyepiece of my Mark II. I just leave it shut until I'm ready to shoot and flip it open.

Got a Les Baer ar in 204 Ruger that I run my ir defense mark 3 60mm on and that's no problem. I run my mark 2 35mm as a scanner and wanted a secondary gun that I could throw it on and wanted to try the 220 Swift for taking down coyotes. I think I'm going to heat up my lever and bend it just a little and it should clear the mount for the scope which should let me move it further back on the gun.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hammer1113Having a little problem getting my ir defense mark ll 35mm back far enough on my bolt action rifle, if I mount it back to where it needs to be for my eye to fit into the eyepiece it interferes with the bolt and won't allow me to cycle the bolt open and when I mount it to where the bolt opens than my eye can't seat into the eyepiece which lights up my face. Does someone make an aftermarket eyepiece that extends further than the stock one from ir defense.

I used this for a while on my .300BO bolt gun. Didn't like the way it looked, so I went with an AR. But, it worked.

1" High Extension Riser Picatinny/Weaver Mount for dot sight and scope, TufForce MT-1R7E15 ( Got it from Amazon ).

I ran into this problem when I rented a M3 60mm this last winter. Because of time I ripped the Eotec off my AR15 and rocked on but I would much rather had been shooting my R700 in .243AI for knock down power.

Did the 1" riser work out ? Anybody gun this optic on a bolt gun ?

Would love to hear what you fellers have come up with before I buy an AR10

I have a 1" riser in my cart on amazon ready to pull the trigger.

Thanks everybody !!!

I was running my 1" high extended riser on a Remington SA 700 platform. It raised my IRD MkIII 35 high enough to work the bolt, but, it just didn't look right. So, I ended up putting the IRD on an AR. I preferred the bolt gun, but the thermal was sitting so far back on the rail that it just seemed vulnerable to getting knocked or hit - and at the price point, I wasn't willing for that to happen.

What I think I did see, was one of the hunters on the O'Neill Ops video had a small DVR hooked up to his MkIII that was mounted on the eyepiece ( possibly with Velcro ? ). So, all he had to do was watch the DVR screen - eye relief wasn't an issue. The DVR's are about $230 or so, so I'm going to try that. If it works, we're back on the bolt gun. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted By: paulsI was running my 1" high extended riser on a Remington SA 700 platform. It raised my IRD MkIII 35 high enough to work the bolt, but, it just didn't look right. So, I ended up putting the IRD on an AR. I preferred the bolt gun, but the thermal was sitting so far back on the rail that it just seemed vulnerable to getting knocked or hit - and at the price point, I wasn't willing for that to happen.

What I think I did see, was one of the hunters on the O'Neill Ops video had a small DVR hooked up to his MkIII that was mounted on the eyepiece ( possibly with Velcro ? ). So, all he had to do was watch the DVR screen - eye relief wasn't an issue. The DVR's are about $230 or so, so I'm going to try that. If it works, we're back on the bolt gun. Hope this helps.

Where are these Chinese DVR's $230 such as these smaller cheaper units? We sell them for $79.00 with all the bells and whistles.

We've been using a prototye PhoneMate adapter we've developed with TeleVue that is due out next week. Don't mind the PVS-14, but our new adapter will fit all optics that use PVS-14 EP's and all Trijicon/IRD units.

04_NightVisionStack_zpstjsy4zkg.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: paulsI was running my 1" high extended riser on a Remington SA 700 platform. It raised my IRD MkIII 35 high enough to work the bolt, but, it just didn't look right. So, I ended up putting the IRD on an AR. I preferred the bolt gun, but the thermal was sitting so far back on the rail that it just seemed vulnerable to getting knocked or hit - and at the price point, I wasn't willing for that to happen.

Vic
Do you have a price for that. I assume that will adjust a little for different phones.
Thanks

Where are these Chinese DVR's $230 such as these smaller cheaper units? We sell them for $79.00 with all the bells and whistles.

We've been using a prototye PhoneMate adapter we've developed with TeleVue that is due out next week. Don't mind the PVS-14, but our new adapter will fit all optics that use PVS-14 EP's and all Trijicon/IRD units.

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: paulsI was running my 1" high extended riser on a Remington SA 700 platform. It raised my IRD MkIII 35 high enough to work the bolt, but, it just didn't look right. So, I ended up putting the IRD on an AR. I preferred the bolt gun, but the thermal was sitting so far back on the rail that it just seemed vulnerable to getting knocked or hit - and at the price point, I wasn't willing for that to happen.

Ease up, Vic. Just trying to help the OP out. I'm a repeat TNVC customer and TNVC fanboy. On your website TNVC Mini DVR @ $205.99 for the IR Defense model.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: paulsOriginally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: paulsI was running my 1" high extended riser on a Remington SA 700 platform. It raised my IRD MkIII 35 high enough to work the bolt, but, it just didn't look right. So, I ended up putting the IRD on an AR. I preferred the bolt gun, but the thermal was sitting so far back on the rail that it just seemed vulnerable to getting knocked or hit - and at the price point, I wasn't willing for that to happen.

Ease up, Vic. Just trying to help the OP out. I'm a repeat TNVC customer and TNVC fanboy. On your website TNVC Mini DVR @ $205.99 for the IR Defense model.

Wasn't trying to press, I wanted to see where these were coming from at that price? Our stand alone unit is $79 bones, the only reason I asked. We see a few of these DVR's going for $150 and up.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: twhiteyOriginally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: paulsI was running my 1" high extended riser on a Remington SA 700 platform. It raised my IRD MkIII 35 high enough to work the bolt, but, it just didn't look right. So, I ended up putting the IRD on an AR. I preferred the bolt gun, but the thermal was sitting so far back on the rail that it just seemed vulnerable to getting knocked or hit - and at the price point, I wasn't willing for that to happen.

Vic
Do you have a price for that. I assume that will adjust a little for different phones.
Thanks

Price for the adapters are not set just yet. Will announce next week as we await final production costs.

Yes, the beauty of the system it will mount to any smart phone, not just to one particular phone.
smile.gif

"Wasn't trying to press, I wanted to see where these were coming from at that price? Our stand alone unit is $79 bones, the only reason I asked. We see a few of these DVR's going for $150 and up.
smile.gif
"

thumbup1.gif
All good. Looking forward to getting mine from you. I do like how they mounted it so that eye relief wasn't an issue. Gives me ( and the OP ) a chance to mount it on a bolt gun. New phone adapter looks nice, too.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: twhiteyOriginally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: paulsI was running my 1" high extended riser on a Remington SA 700 platform. It raised my IRD MkIII 35 high enough to work the bolt, but, it just didn't look right. So, I ended up putting the IRD on an AR. I preferred the bolt gun, but the thermal was sitting so far back on the rail that it just seemed vulnerable to getting knocked or hit - and at the price point, I wasn't willing for that to happen.

Vic
Thanks

Price for the adapters are not set just yet. Will announce next week as we await final production costs.

Yes, the beauty of the system it will mount to any smart phone, not just to one particular phone.
smile.gif

Thanks Vic

Back