Zeiss Optics
Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3071540 - 05/19/17 07:00 AM Any Hunters from Central Kentucky?
Flesh Eater Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: 2D Pennsylvania
I got hooked up with a rancher west of Lexington. He said they've got an overwhelming amount of coyotes there. He also informed me all the local ranchers are having issues with them. Needless to say, I've got high hopes going down there (headed down in January).

Any tips from local hunters? I read the law on night hunting there, and it's an odd one. Something like mid-January to mid-February night hunting is okay, but only with a shotgun? Looks like I'll be doing all day hunting. From what the rancher says, I'll have access to thousands of acres of private land to hunt. He and the property owners have pretty much taken care of the scouting for me, reporting pack numbers, locations, and even pup sightings (as of right now).

I'll be there for 7 days, and hoping it's mostly nice weather. Never been down south in the winter, though, so I have no idea what to expect.

#3080397 - 07/11/17 11:44 PM Re: Any Hunters from Central Kentucky? [Re: Flesh Eater]
kch Offline

Loc: Kentucky
Our night season is pretty much pointless. Feb.-May shotgun only. If it were me I'd want to scout the property myself closer to when I was going to hunt. They'll be roaming much further from their territory during the winter compared to now, especially with pups dispersing. That's a good part of the state to hunt.

#3081391 - 07/18/17 07:28 AM Re: Any Hunters from Central Kentucky? [Re: Flesh Eater]
yotekiller47 Online
Die Hard Member

Loc: Tennessee
Agree with kch, that time of year is going into breeding season and they will be roaming all over. You'll need to do a good bit of scouting before you hunt.

#3082423 - 07/24/17 01:35 PM Re: Any Hunters from Central Kentucky? [Re: Flesh Eater]
Flesh Eater Offline
Seasoned Member

Would you all recommend a better time of year to go down? Perhaps the fall? I didn't want to run into their deer season down there.

#3082477 - 07/24/17 07:39 PM Re: Any Hunters from Central Kentucky? [Re: Flesh Eater]
kch Offline

Loc: Kentucky
September would be a great time.

#3082530 - 07/25/17 07:12 AM Re: Any Hunters from Central Kentucky? [Re: kch]
Flesh Eater Offline
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted By: kch
September would be a great time.

How hot would it be down there around that time? Is October just as good? Perhaps I'll drive down for a quick three day hunt. The guy I got hooked up with has been scouting for me. He's a big deer hunter, but is seemingly excited to go out and hunt coyotes.

Thanks!

#3082583 - 07/25/17 01:55 PM Re: Any Hunters from Central Kentucky? [Re: Flesh Eater]
Ky Fur Buster Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Eastern Kentucky
Anymore it seems like September is just as hot as July around here.

#3082710 - 07/26/17 09:14 AM Re: Any Hunters from Central Kentucky? [Re: Ky Fur Buster]
Flesh Eater Offline
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted By: Ky Fur Buster
Anymore it seems like September is just as hot as July around here.

That's horrible. I can't handle our heat in PA, I can only imagine how it is down there.

Maybe I'll wait until mid-October or late October to make a pre-hunt visit.

Forum Stats
54590 Members
87 Forums
326697 Topics
3076334 Posts

Max Online: 4372 @ 01/25/15 10:27 PM
Today's Birthdays
axehandle, BRIZ, bullrider, jhoffman, Otter5, randall729, Tasha
© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.