Burger King

Consider my feathers ruffled. BUT, I basically agree with you. I carry a old school phone and don't feel I have a need for a better one. However, I was watching for the bidding on a custom call on Predator Masters forum, and took a tablet with me when I went to eat.
After seeing that Predator masters was outlawed, I checked a few other websites to see what Burger King felt was acceptable.
But, I guess I am in good company when it comes to being on the computer. Someone like yourself must peak at the computer once in a while, or they couldn't make over 9000 posts on a single forum.
Old school phones do come in handy sometimes. My wife and another lady went for a short ride in our utv a few days ago. A guy on a utv was hot rodding on a forest trail and come over a hill with his wheels off the ground. Problem is, my wife was coming up the opposite side of the hill at a reasonable speed. My wife and her girlfriend were nearly killed. While others were trying to get enough signal for a 911 call with their smart phones, her old school phone got help on its way. Within minutes medical help was on the site and her friend was airlifted out. Both ladies were hurt really bad, glad they thought to have a phone with them.
So, I feel that there is a time and place to have and use a phone. And I agree that people could often use their time more wisely than being on computer or phone. But, if you and I weren't wasting our time right now talking to each other we could be out calling coyotes or something of that nature. Have a good day.

I'll be the first to admit, I spend way to much time on the computer. But I'm also retired, still no good excuse. Been a member almost 8 years.....still not a good excuse, but helps explain the number of posts. Cell phones do save lives and can be extremely handy. I just don't use them when I'm eating out.

P.S. Its to dern hot to chases coyotes. I think they're all at the lake swimming.
thumbup1.gif

I must admit that since getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smartphone I'm guilty of getting on the phone while eating and using flip book. I hardly ever get on the browser, since the text is so small and I have poor eye sight when looking at things up close. I have to get my +2.50 diopter reading glasses out to see the phone's screen. If I can't make the text larger then I wait until I'm at home on the desktop computer. I have two portable computers that I barely use unless I'm at my parent's house and away from my desktop and the Asus 27" monitor. Now I can see text on the 27" monitor and I use Windows 10 and EDGE so I can increase the text size and see it easier. Normally I'm using 150% on the desktop. I use 200% text size on the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 tablet computer and around 150% on the Asus Notebook ROG gaming computer. But the screen on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is so [beeep] small that I I use it for is phone calls, short text message and reading some of my emails. I do use the Flip board for news when I'm eating out. I eat out at the same place most of the time. But across the highway from my main hangout is a brand new Burger King. The last time I was eating at Burger King I was using the Flip Board news thing and didn't notice any problems. But I didn't try to go to Predator Masters at that time. Now if they block site that pertain to hunting and fishing I would protest with the manager and make my displeasure known immediately. I live in a rural county now and grew up in a more urban county that adjoins my home county now. I noticed in High School that not all the kids were hunter friendly, especially the girls. But in the county I live in now the girls are all hunters and fishermen and gun friendly. I wish I had grown up in this country instead of where I did. I would have had a lot more girl friends. LOL

I remember giving speeches in High School Speech Class. I gave a speed on predator hunting when I was a sophomore. Most of the girls were polite but not one of them was into hunting and or fishing. They would all make a sour face and go Euuuu!. But when I'm talking to the girls that live in my current county they are almost all saying how much they like the outdoors and fishing. It's like night and day.

So maybe my Burger King is different? I'll have to check that out next time I'm in there.

I may start taking the Surface Pro 4 out with me as I can use it like a tablet. I need to get a car charger for it to keep the battery up to 100% while I'm traveling.

Originally Posted By: Stub2Consider my feathers ruffled. BUT, I basically agree with you. I carry a old school phone and don't feel I have a need for a better one. However, I was watching for the bidding on a custom call on Predator Masters forum, and took a tablet with me when I went to eat.
After seeing that Predator masters was outlawed, I checked a few other websites to see what Burger King felt was acceptable.
But, I guess I am in good company when it comes to being on the computer. Someone like yourself must peak at the computer once in a while, or they couldn't make over 9000 posts on a single forum.
Old school phones do come in handy sometimes. My wife and another lady went for a short ride in our utv a few days ago. A guy on a utv was hot rodding on a forest trail and come over a hill with his wheels off the ground. Problem is, my wife was coming up the opposite side of the hill at a reasonable speed. My wife and her girlfriend were nearly killed. While others were trying to get enough signal for a 911 call with their smart phones, her old school phone got help on its way. Within minutes medical help was on the site and her friend was airlifted out. Both ladies were hurt really bad, glad they thought to have a phone with them.
So, I feel that there is a time and place to have and use a phone. And I agree that people could often use their time more wisely than being on computer or phone. But, if you and I weren't wasting our time right now talking to each other we could be out calling coyotes or something of that nature. Have a good day. Funny to hear about any cell phone ref as old school. Grizz

Originally Posted By: Stub2Consider my feathers ruffled. BUT, I basically agree with you. I carry a old school phone and don't feel I have a need for a better one. However, I was watching for the bidding on a custom call on Predator Masters forum, and took a tablet with me when I went to eat.
So, I feel that there is a time and place to have and use a phone. And I agree that people could often use their time more wisely than being on computer or phone. But, if you and I weren't wasting our time right now talking to each other we could be out calling coyotes or something of that nature. Have a good day.

Just an FYI if it ever comes up again: when you need to dial 911 don't worry about wether or not your phones says it has service. 911 call will go through on any available network. You can even dial 911 from a phone that is not currently in service, I.e. an old phone from 2 years ago that's in your junk drawer.

I don't care for cell phones and never have I'm like pyscodog, they're just about all kids & young people care about these days is calling or texting.
I'll admit I do have one but text is not enabled and I use it for only really important things or emergencies.
All of that being said, I'm right in the middle of hurricane Harvey and all the flooding and I just don't know how we would have gotten by without one. I can't imagine what the death toll would be up to without cell phones for people to contact rescuers.
But, again, that's what they should be used for, not to past time texting or playing games.
Anyhow, that's my thought on the subject.
OH & BTW, screw BK & anyone like them.

Jim D
SE Texas

I would rather someones nose be in their cell phone, rather than my business telling me how I should use my time or my cell phone,,,

I'm curious how things are now in TX after the Hurricane? Hope all is well with you and your family.

I'm also curious about how you got your cell phone to work if the power is out like down in Florida right now. Are the Cell phone towers working still if the power is down? Do cell phone towers have generators to keep them working when the regular power is out?

While we are at it-how about Levis/Dockers, Muck boots and Ben and Jerrys ice cream,,

All very anti our way of life. I see lots of gun guys wearing Levis.

Last edited:
I know that this is an old post, but a national organization like the NRA or DSC should publish a list of companies that are not 2A or hunter friendly so that we can start to vote with our wallet. We all get the monthly magazines and correspondence from them. Why can't they devote a section to this and to the good guys who support us?

Back