Tikka T3 .223 or CZ 527 .223????

seagiant

Hi,
Looking at both these rifles in LEFT HAND!

Left hand, means the barrel contours are close (no HB in left hand with CZ or Tikka!)

Which would you chose and why???

I know they are both nice rifles! (I have a CZ 452!)

Try to get your hands on each one; the difference between the two should be obvious (hint: I've owned both, and still have my C-Z 527s.) Google Chuck Hawks opinion piece on the Tikka T3 and similar low-end modern day rifles; that pretty much sums it up.

Originally Posted By: deathwind IIGoogle Chuck Hawks opinion piece on the Tikka T3 and similar low-end modern day rifles; that pretty much sums it up.

is chuck hawks pro or con about the tikka t3?

Originally Posted By: deathwind IITry to get your hands on each one; the difference between the two should be obvious (hint: I've owned both, and still have my C-Z 527s.) Google Chuck Hawks opinion piece on the Tikka T3 and similar low-end modern day rifles; that pretty much sums it up.

I've owned both and returned the CZ to the firearm dealer. Didn't even wait to take a loss on a sale.
Tikka has listened to hunters and shooters, making changes to suit American buyers. None of which bothered me but I really like the T3X. Many gun makers don't do this at all including CZ.
The T3X has made an impression being quite popular and is hardly a low-end modern day rifle.

Originally Posted By: seagiantHi,

Left hand, means the barrel contours are close (no HB in left hand with CZ or Tikka!)

To answer your question, Tikka T3X has many models to choose from, wood/blue wood/stainless syn/in both, heavy barrel, phosphorous coated, laminate, sporter model, metal magazine models, fluted barrels, varmint model, Sako style scope mounts and a great reputation for out of the box accurracy.
Example- I recently traded a shotgun for a T3X .22-250 new. Did a quick 15 shot sight in and proceeded to anchor 17 coyotes in a few days from 123 yds to 355 yds. All with pictures and follow up posted here.
This is nothing new for my Tikka adventures as witnessed by many first hand and by pictures of results for more than a decade.
Now not everybody likes a chevy or ford but It does demonstrate the Tikka can do it's part with no special considerations.

Originally Posted By: tripod3Originally Posted By: seagiantHi,

To answer your question, Tikka T3X has many models to choose from, wood/blue wood/stainless syn/in both, heavy barrel, phosphorous coated, laminate, sporter model, metal magazine models, fluted barrels, varmint model, Sako style scope mounts and a great reputation for out of the box accurracy.
Example- I recently traded a shotgun for a T3X .22-250 new. Did a quick 15 shot sight in and proceeded to anchor 17 coyotes in a few days from 123 yds to 355 yds. All with pictures and follow up posted here.
This is nothing new for my Tikka adventures as witnessed by many first hand and by pictures of results for more than a decade.
Now not everybody likes a chevy or ford but It does demonstrate the Tikka can do it's part with no special considerations.

Hi,
Like I mentioned in my original post, all the options you mention are in RIGHT hand only!

The only way to get a HB in a Tikka LEFT HAND is in the Sporter Model for $1600!

I know right handed people have little sympathy for what we have to put up with in this world, but it is what it is and you just deal with it!

Thanks!

Hi,
I don't see the Tikka as a low end model???

Remington could take lessons on fit and finish from Tikka or CZ!

It's a down right shame that the two rifles I'm looking at, are both European made!

If I was right handed and could get a Tikka for $500, I'd buy one just for the action and trigger, rebarrel with a aftermarket barrel and stock and never look back!

Being left handed $500 Tikkas are almost impossible to find!

I might go Tikka just to get a bigger size rifle over all even though I do like the CZ's as well!

Yes I am frequently guilty of reading over the LH part of a post.
You're correct that getting a hunter model or lite model T3X in LH is available but not HB in the USA.
Just splurge and go for the sporter.

Hi,
I actually just bought a used XLR Element Tikka Chassis in left hand for almost half price!

It was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up!

So I am looking for a .308 to go into that!

When I got my CZ 452 set up it was such fun I started looking for a .223 and here I am!

Last edited:
Hi,
Well this is "funny"!!!

The Gentleman that I bought the Tikka XLR Element Chassis from.

Had a custom 243 Tikka in it.

I asked him about the rifle when I bought the chassis???

He said he was keeping it!

However a few days ago I saw he put it up for sale on the same site and I bought it no questions asked!

Here is what it is.

A Tikks SS action with a BRUX 1:8 twist 20" SS barrel with a threaded muzzle with cap.

It has a Sterk swept bolt handle, Hinterland shroud and an EGW 20MOA rail!

He has 3-400 rds through it, it was his Yote Gun!

Was built by "Moon" at Cresent Customs!

Might still get a .223 later but that will be awhile now!

Last edited:
Back