Harvester question

spotandstock

I was finally able to pick up my new harvester ([beeep] yeah). I took it to the range and got the poi where I wanted. I went to unscre the can and the mount stayed attached to the barrel so I unscrewed the mount by hand and went along my way. I went out to do some calling Saturday morning and when I was done went to unscrew the can and same thing happened where the mount stayed attached to the barrel. Is this normal or is there a trick to keep the attachment attached to the can?

I had a similar problem with my omega when I first got it. Here's what I did, maybe it will work for u. Unscrew the mount from the can, clean both threads with a solvent, something like carb cleaner. Then tighten both of those together with the supplied wrench. When I reattached my suppressor to the barrel, i put a small amount of gun oil or anti seize on the threads. It's fine now and i only had to do that once, it quit coming apart.

normal, which ever threads are gripping the tightest determines how it comes off.
I lubricate the barrel threads the most, tighten the adapter into the can the hardest, and it works more than it doesn't.
but not 100%.

The best solution is to buy more suppressors... then you don't need to take them off
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: Catdog1I had a similar problem with my omega when I first got it. Here's what I did, maybe it will work for u. Unscrew the mount from the can, clean both threads with a solvent, something like carb cleaner. Then tighten both of those together with the supplied wrench. When I reattached my suppressor to the barrel, i put a small amount of gun oil or anti seize on the threads. It's fine now and i only had to do that once, it quit coming apart.

I had the same problem with my Omega as Catdog1 did. Same solution to the mount. If you use the brake you will need to do the same with it too.

Last edited:
Do any of you running these type mounts just keep the mount attached to the barrel? I've tried lubing it up but the mount always stays attached when I try taking the can off.

Originally Posted By: spotandstockDo any of you running these type mounts just keep the mount attached to the barrel? I've tried lubing it up but the mount always stays attached when I try taking the can off. i use plumbers tape (Teflon Tape)

I am in a similar predicament. I finally got my adapter to stay put by lightly clamping my sup in a rubber jaw vice block and torquing it down enough that the adapter stays put. Now the issue is that I am considering a 6.5 Grendel build and the barrels are all threaded larger than the 1/2" that all my current rifles have. This means that when I switch sup back and forth I will need to unscrew the adapter and switch it. Then I will be back to not being able to torque it down. Or thread the 6.5G to 1/2" (which everyone says is not safe).

Back