Just dumped my photo bucket. What are you using for pictures?

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotwhat new rules did pb come up with now?

You have to pay to Play...

wish i could send mine to a different host and i would chitcan PB...

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotwhat new rules did pb come up with now?

This one................

The photos disappeared when the turds at Photobucket decided to have a "CHANGE OF TERMS" in their user accounts which have ALWAYS been free......

Photobucket offers the following Account Plans:

o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

YES, you read that right, $399 per year for 3rd party hosting! I am done with them.

P.S. The photos are now gone from every post any of us has ever made using Photobucket.

Quote:

P.S. The photos are now gone from every post any of us has ever made using Photobucket.

No quite. All the photos are still in the meatloaf thread.

Originally Posted By: crapshootQuote:

You think maybe I've just been living right?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: jcs271[o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

YES, you read that right, $399 per year for 3rd party hosting! I am done with them.

holy crap. that is crazy. i would be ok with $3.99 a year. but that would be about it. lol

guess i am done with pb also. rip scumbags.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: crapshootQuote:

grin.gif

GOD watches over the truly important pictures.
tt2.gif

Seems that the pictures I posted in the past are still here, I haven't logged in to Photobucket in a while though.

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: crapshootQuote:

grin.gif

GOD watches over the truly important pictures.
tt2.gif

grin.gif

Da Lawd heps dose dat cooks fo demselves!

lol.gif

That stinks that PB is doing that. Means an awful lot of posts on an awful lot of forums are going to be ruined.

I'm one of the ones that will go back and read old posts and I hate it when all the pics are whacked.

Like Mark has suggested, Flickr is a good alternative. It's what all the pro photographers I know use. I know a lot of guys that are happy with snugmug too and know guys that know the guy that started it, the same guy started ADVRider too (off road motorcycle forum). So, FWIW, those are the two I recommend.

Really, there's nothing wrong with the one I use either. imageevent. It's not free, but it's not expensive and I've never had any trouble with them. Been using them for 20 years. I do think flickr or snugmug are more "modern", if that matters, and probably more stable long term because they are more popular. I just started using imageevent so long ago, 20 years, that by the time flickr even existed, I already had thousands of pictures stored on imageevent and haven't ever felt like moving them and breaking all the posts I've ever made. Might be worth a look if you are willing to pay and just want dirt simple, I think they are $25 a year for 1,500 pictures and unlimited bandwidth. It's $65 a year for unlimited pictures and unlimited bandwidth. PB is smoking crack and sniffing glue at the same time thinking people will pay $400!

- DAA

Back