Photobucket Change

Stu Farish

Director / Webmaster
Staff member
Oh, that's awesome:

www.photobucket.com/p500

"Our Terms of Service does not allow 3rd party hosting with your current account level."

They want people to upgrade to allow sharing your images now. There's going to be a charge for that, I don't know how much. So it seems that if you want to keep using PB to share images on other sites you're going to have to have a paid account to do it or find some other way to put them online.

ice_cream_truck_zpsjrg7whvl.jpg

Interesting. That's in my photobucket account & it shows just fine.

However, images in some other PB accounts (see my signature, that should be the 2017 hunt banner) are now showing with one of their images with the URL explaining the issue.

I know of 3 people who's images show that. I don't know what's different between their accounts and mine.

Again...I just dont understand why anyone would still be using photobucket. I use Flickr and its so much better.
Mark

This ticks me off, big time!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I just tried doing a "test post" (in the Photo sub-forum), and yep...couldn't frickin' do it.
mad.gif

Says I would have to "upgrade" to an account that would cost me $100 per year to use!!
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

So....here's a query....Does anyone know, if I change to a different hosting site, will I be able to transfer all of my old custom call photos to the new site? {So that I can continue to use them for like a "scrapbook", that potential customers might get an idea of the calls I make.}
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Mark tells me that he can't even see his pics in his photobucket account now, so I dunno. Might have to pay for a month to get access & save them off.

As to why still be using it, well, if you've used it for years, have tons of pics there & links to them in posts all over the place, it's a problem to just shut it down & start over.

Originally Posted By: LONEHOWLAgain...I just dont understand why anyone would still be using photobucket. I use Flickr and its so much better.
Mark

Mark, here's my second query....(and yes, I understand that I'm probably simply stupid, hahahaha)....but, does Flickr cost anything?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I went to their site, and searched around, but couldn't find where it said anything about costing.

photobucket is now holding all you pictures for ransom. and mine and everybody elses. lol

pred masters needs to do something so people do not have to use a hosting site. cant pred masters do that?

I was also able to send this on a phone message.
Maybe they haven't gotten down the list to me yet?
I send it through the phone app so maybe that matters.

we already have a forum for it, called the Photo Hosting Gallery. You can host your pics there & link to them anywhere.

the only risk to it is what happens if we ever manage to move to a different software platform in the future? I don't know of any way to answer that, since we don't even know what software that might be. But links to the pics would quit working if we do that & I don't know if there will be any way that we would be able to automate redirecting the traffic of not.

Looks like to use your pics PB wants just south of $400/yr.

Quote:plus 50 offers 50GB of Storage and No Linking or 3rd Party Hosting$50.99/yr

Plus 100 offers 100GB of Storage, Unlimited Linking and No 3rd Party Hosting $99.99/yr

Plus 500 offers 500GB of Storage, Unlimited Linking and 3rd Party Hosting*
$399.99/yr

Have to figure out an affordable option, but in the meantime, can someone explain how to post pictures in PM photo sub forum. Guess I'm just stupid, but can't find the magic button.
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

They had this planned for awhile. They are raking in $. For so many, the cost and time to update and reupload would exceed $400.

They did not even give a courtesy notice, they just twisted arms all at once. Photo-hostage..

Flickr is free. Easy to use. Faster. Your pics will look better. I mean, I use it everyday and once you get the hang of it, it takes maybe 20 or 30 seconds to grab a pic and slap it on this or any other forum.

As far as hanging on to PB because you have history there....most of that should be on your computer anyways cause you prolly uploaded from there? If not...well....time to rip the bandaid off and cut your losses. THEY ARE HOLDING YOUR PICS FOR RANSOM.
Mark

guess i can understand charging a reasonable fee for the service. there is a fee of some kind for almost everything now days. but the fee they are wanting is no where near reasonable. they will not get 1 penny from me.

Back