Over the TOP!!!

Ursus21

Life is Montana is GOOD!!! It's been an absolutely unreal few weeks since summer started. First off on Memorial Day I crossed paths with this bruiser.
Troy%20Adams%20BearE%205-29-17_zpsprzynvyq.jpg

Then last week I got into some of the best fishing of my life in northwest Montana.
Real solid wild rainbows from the Kootenai River.
Troy%20Adams%20LibbyD%206-22-17A_zpsohylydmh.jpg

An even bigger one...
Troy%20Adams%20LibbyD%206-22-17C_zpslktxqv6y.jpg

So how do you beat two big trout. Well, by catching two HUGE TROUT the next day.
Here is the first one.
Troy%20Adams%206-23-17A%20Flathead%20Lake_zpsiddrk9xz.jpg

A few minutes later I hooked into this guy and it is the biggest trout I've ever seen, let alone caught. It was an absolutely amazing few days in the northwest part of the state. It doesn't matter how I take a photo of this fish, he is big!
Troy%20Adams%206-23-17BC%20Flathead%20Lake_zpsenhg5m4m.jpg

Lest y'all think is that I do is fish...
Big Al Morris from FoxPro and I lit up the local coyotes week before last. He came out here with his cameraman and we created an episode for the FoxPro's TV show called Furtakers. We had an incredible week with lots of exciting action. We had 22 coyotes respond to the calling in 3 full days of hunting. We certainly weren't able to kill all of them. Sometimes they hung up. Others came in more than one at a time. When that first shot goes off they scatter like quail and are super tough to hit. Well hard for me to hit anyway. Of the coyotes that did give us a good opportunity though, we put them on the ground. Hopefully it will turn into an outstanding show.

Me with a big old, mean male. Probably the oldest coyote I've killed in this part of the state.
Troy%20Adams%206-15-17_zpsgv2nenvr.jpg

Look at the tooth wear on this old dog.
Troy%20Adams%206-15-17.jpg%20Oldest%20Male%20Coyote_zpsadp7pxfg.jpg

Al and I, with another old coyote.
Troy%20Adams%20and%20Al%20Morris%206-15-17_zpszgivwhjf.jpg

Here is the whole lot of us Al, me, and his dogs Gritta and Ted. This is one ugly little coyote.
Troy%20Adams%20and%20Al%20Morris%206-12-17_zpsw8mc3ufq.jpg

Cool pictures!

I really like the green in those pictures. When we do get some green grass it turns brown in late March or April.

Congratulations on the bear,fish and coyotes!

wow.. great times.. Love all the pics. Those are some amazing trout..

Good for you for getting out to hunt with Al. I can never get enough of his high energy and positive nature.

Dang man, we try not to let pics of our trout be posted on the internet. That river runs between my house and my office and I can fish at lunch time. Now everybody knows!
smile.gif

JCS271, I hear what you are saying, but the fact of the matter is, it's not an easy river to fish. I'd wager 90% of the fisherman that try it the first time will go home disappointed and won't make a return trip anytime soon. You are a very fortunate man to be able to fish it so often and I imagine you have it figured out pretty well. It would take some considerable time to figure it out. I live near one of the most difficult to fish river's in Montana, it terms of figuring out what they'll bite on. I'd say it's 10 times easier to fish than the river you live near! My hat is off to anyone that can consistently pull fish from such tough to fish places.

You may want to go buy a lottery ticket!! Sounds and looks like you have had a Great time! Congratulations

I was just having a little bit of fun with you. The sad thing is that with that world class river right here I hardly ever fish. I moved here specifically because it is a hunter's Paradise with almost unlimited public land. I spend all my free time looking for predators! Life is good.

jcs271, Thanks for understanding. I'm all about keeping secret places secret, but that particular river is anything but a secret. It's saving grace is that it's not really on the way to anything and one has to want to go specifically there. With that said the whole time I was out there my mind kept wandering between the fishing and wondering about predator hunting in the area. The coyote hunting I have here is second to none, but there are a couple critters out your way that I'm sure the opportunities would be better for than they are here.

The photos disappeared when the turds at Photobucket decided to have a "CHANGE OF TERMS" in their user accounts which have ALWAYS been free......

•Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:

o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

YES, you read that right, $399 per year for 3rd party hosting! I am done with them.

P.S. The photos are now gone from every post any of us has ever made using Photobucket.

Back