Dems complain about being locked out of Health care drafting

Tbone-AZ

Well, well, well.. Seems the Dems have a very short memory. They are complaining that they are being locked out of the meetings GOP Senators are having to create a draft of the Senate bill for reforming the failed Obama care.

Now, nothing is stopping them from doing the same, and this is a draft and has had no votes (which is something the GOP should have created and drafted sometime in the past 7 years) so it's not passed and it's not out of committee. Once it's brought out it should be reviewed and voted on.

But it's really rich for dems to complain about this.
Fauxcahantus seems to have a short memory of her heritage and her teams wanton hypocrisy.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) on Friday ripped Senate Republicans in an interview with "CBS This Morning" for drafting their version of the bill to repeal and replace ObamaCare behind closed doors without any input from Democrats.

"Right now, the Senate Republican leadership has 13 men locked behind doors, negotiating what they're going to do on a healthcare bill — won't let Democrats in the room to even see the bill," Warren said.

Prompted by CBS host Jeff Glor that President Trump had called the House bill "mean," Warren responded by blasting the president for holding a Rose Garden celebration with GOP lawmakers following its passage.
"That's the same bill that he threw the party for, right after it passed?" Warren asked. "We need to be able to see this bill, not to decide a month later that it’s mean after it becomes law."
"This is a bill that's going to touch every American family," Warren continued. "Everybody who's got an elderly relative in a nursing home, everybody who has a child with special needs, these cuts to Medicaid will touch millions of families."

On Sunday, Republicans announced that they saw a path to repealing ObamaCare through the Senate. If the Senate bill passes, the two bills will go through a reconciliation process.

Warren, one of the most liberal members of the Senate, ripped the House bill shortly after it passed.

"A health care bill that destroys care & affordable coverage for millions — seriously? What planet are these guys living on?!" Warren tweeted in March.
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/338...ealth-care-bill

BUT.. here is the DEMS locking out the GOP of the discussions on the conference bill that reconciles the two passed bills in the senate and house.

C-SPAN Demands Democrats Open Secret Health Reform Talks
If there is one institution in Washington whose integrity is unquestioned, it is C-SPAN. The network calls it straight down the middle by not calling it at all, and is treated with the same respect by Democrats, Republicans, and independents that it treats the Democrats, Republicans, and independents who call in every morning. From gavel-to-gavel coverage of the House of Representatives and the United States Senate, uninterrupted coverage of important congressional hearings and airing of various political press conferences and seminars, C-SPAN provides an important service to every American voter—bringing your government to you and providing the sunshine open government necessitates.
Unfortunately, the network can cover only those congressional meetings held in the public. Voters hoping to follow the process of the House and Senate working out the differences of their respective healthcare reform bills are left in the dark. C-SPAN will not be covering the House-Senate conference on the legislation because there will not be any such conference. As reported by the Associated Press, Congressional Quarterly, USA Today, the Washington Post, and, not insignificantly, Peter Roff with U.S. News & World Report, House and Senate Democrats will negotiate the legislation in private, far away from the prying eyes of Capitol Hill Republicans and far away from prying cameras.
Enter C-SPAN.
In a December 30 letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, and House Minority Leader John Boehner, C-SPAN Chairman and CEO Brian Lamb formally requested that congressional leaders open up the healthcare negotiations to the media.
"President Obama, Senate and House leaders, many of your rank-and-file members, and the nation's editorial pages have all talked about the value of transparent discussions on reforming the nation's health care system," Lamb wrote. "Now that the process moves to the critical stage of reconciliation between the Chambers, we respectfully request that you allow the public full access, through television, to legislation that will affect the lives of every single American."
That Democrats want to work on the bill in secret is no surprise. Poll after poll has shown the legislation to be wildly unpopular with voters and we all saw what happened when everyday Americans had the opportunity to voice their opinion to their elected officials during the August recess—bedlam.
"No one knows what goes on behind closed doors," country singer Charlie Rich reminded us in his 1973 hit song.
So far, that's where things stand with the final negotiations of the healthcare legislation, just as it had for much of the issue's legislative journey. Even while Reid declared in November that transparency is "one of the guiding principles of health insurance reform," Democrats sought to work out the final details of the bill in secret and rush a new bill through before the American people know what hit them.
Republicans, all too familiar to being locked out by Democrats, aren't holding their breath—and Lamb's letter has yet to receive a reply. C-SPAN's open call for full transparency is a highly unusual move for a media organization that steadfastly refuses to take sides, demonstrating how far Democrats have gone in cloaking the healthcare bill with more secrecy than even the Washington Wizards locker room.
It also boxes the Democrats in—it will be awfully hard for any Democrat to accuse C-SPAN of being the research arm of the Republican Party.
https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/dou...th-reform-talks

Originally Posted By: Willy BrotzAnd here I thought the republicans were better than that.

They are.. The process of creating or drafting a version they are going to vote on is a lot different than what they did.

They are drafting the version the Senate will vote on. They have promised to release the draft for review while their Senate version gets rated by the budget office (not sure why they would wait for a group that has a terrible record, and got Odummer care wrong)

But then after grading they will hold a vote. Let the dems vote no. Keep obama care and the rising prices and premiums that no one can afford that is on it. yep, let them own that.

But then it will go to conference if it passes, and then when the two groups meet to work out a single version they will both have to vote again. (this is where the Dems locked out the GOP again)

Its about time the GOP started acting like they are in charge and started moving thing through and taking votes. Dems are not in control and shouldn't use tricks and antics to stop the progress. Show up, or don't, and vote then move on to the next thing.

(the Dems have vowed to do all they can to stop it, despite it failing everywhere)
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/se...ant-pass-senate

I think this secrecy will comeback and bite them in the butt. The Health Bill can be perfect, but the simple fact they had no input shows the American people that the Republicans are just like the Democrats. Only about 1/3 are Republicans/Conservatives, 1/3 Democrats/Liberals, that other 1/3 of the population are the ones that do the electing, that includes the House, the Senate and the President. That 1/3 are the fence sitters that can change their mind in 2 seconds or less.

I believe with the current cluster that is in Washington that 1/3 is getting more fed up with both sides. They are the ones that got Trump elected, now they are seeing the same cluster going on. The Independents don't give a flying fart about a lot of the system, they just expect it to work and work together.

My money says it will be called Trumpcare and just as many people will be witching about it as there were witching about Obamacare. Reason, simple, Congress, both sides doesn't have a clue about what healthcare is about. [beeep], most of the American public doesn't know squat about healthcare. The insurance companies and the AMA are writing this bill, same as Obamacare... BOHICA

interesting idea's Dogcatcher..

But, i think that the 1/3rd belief is a bunch of people that don't seem to have principles or values that they can clearly stand on and assert.

The differnces in elections have in the past come down to motivation and turn out. If you can't get the base to turn out, your not winning even with the 1/3 of those that can't even figure out what values they stand for and want to vote for the winner.

McCain and Romeny didn't get the base out, they stayed home in droves over the moderates they were.

Hillary didn't win because they couldn't get the base out.. Once the news came out that Hillary and the DNC rigged it there were droves of voters that stayed home, the blacks stayed home in masses and the Bernie lovers flipped to Stein.

The Dems should be told to shut the he77 up. After all we need to pass this so we can find out whats in it, right Pelosi?
smile.gif

I was half watching TV and half getting stoned while staining wood in my garage last night, could have sworn I heard the guy on TV saying the dems held or a dozen public meetings on aCA and the Republicans should be doing the same.

Pretty sure it was the fumes.

The last time they were at the helm, we got ObammyCare. I still haven't met a Libocrat yet that can explain to me how spending 21% of my income on healthcare is "affordable."

Guess somebody should just tell the wicked witch of the west, Pelosi, that she will just have to vote on it to read what's in it.

Ask them the difference between "healthcare" and "insurance" is. Follow that by asking how a $16,000 deductible on top of $12,000 in premiums gives you a penny of healthcare when you're on average going to spend $500 at the Drs office this year. Then ask them how spending extra on the rare time I end up at the hospital, to cover all that skipped out on their bill is better than paying more every single month to do the exact same thing? Regardless, the moochers get free healthcare because ER's have to treat regardless, and they go to the ER with the sniffles, and I have to pay more when I actually need emergency care.

There are clinics everywhere I've ever been that cover 'emergent' care. Minor Dr visits, quick xray, stitches, etc. All treated for $45 and less. I have decent insurance, I've had stitches twice and both times went to emergent instead of the hospital. Fortunately my insurance covered 100% since they were due to accidents. My kids need a Dr. because they have pink eye or are just sick and need some antibiotics? Emergent care. Walk in, walk out $20 copay. Kind of the reasonable action to take.

The feds could set up more free clinics and be $$$ ahead of where they are with 'healthcare' plus it would draw all the non emergency cases out of the ER, which would lower their cost, which would lower my costs, and also make it so I don't have to be actively bleeding out to get past the waiting room.

TBH it doesn't really matter at this point if they repeal it or not. The only thing that matters is killing 2 requirements. The taxes imposed by it and what all policies are required to cover. That 80 year old widowed man doesn't require birth control.

The exchange system has pretty much collapsed, we're down to 4 now and the rest will follow. But even without the exchange with the above requirements listed we will be in no better boat than we are today as taxes will still be collected even though they have nowhere to go, and insurance companies will be unable to issue new policies that are actually usable. Amend the existing "law" and leave it alone. It will drop into obscurity and only be remembered by wikipedia, and the supporters will get the warm fuzzy knowing it wasn't repealed. Wins all around and where do I collect my trophy?

very good and valid question NDindy.

I would love to see the GOP get their Thumbs out of where they have them parked in their backside.

IT's really simple.

Write a one page bill today.. You all can buy any kind of insurance you want across state lines. This means that you can buy insurance from anywhere in the country that suits your needs or preferences. Done, vote on it and send it up.

Next day, same thing, this time make it so that you and anyone else can join a group a group to buy insurance together.

Next day. same thing, this time.. Tort reform, the lawyers can only sue for the amount using the VA calculations for malpractice and disability. If you can prove that is was from gross Negligence, you can get up to 4 times the amount. then vote, and put on Trumps desk.

After these little wins. just repeal obama care. If 51 passed it, don't tell me 51 can repeal it. Those are stupid rules and didn't stop the Dems.. repeal it, and let the Dems try and fight that in the Supreme court. I would bet that it would win out, 51 put it in 51 can take it out.

The Senators know that regardless of what they do, a good portion of the voters will not be happy. They got themselves into this without thinking about the next election, now they can't go forward because it will alienate a bunch of voters, but they can't do nothing because that has already alienated a bunch of voters. The Right has them by the balls, while the Left has the knives, and the Independents are sharpening the knives.

Back