New Winston 43

getfoxy

Sorry for the bad pics. Just snapped a few rather quickly. This is my first from Winston. Not going to be my last. Mississippi really has it going on

Polished black linen micarta
D2
Red liners
Mosaic pins

That's Sweet... I wish you guys would stop
wink.gif

I'm trying to acquire a Ingram at the moment!

Thanks gentleman. I like this one a lot.

Repete- I love wood on my guns but I can't get into it on my handle material on knives. Idk why. I do like the weathered bone, and some stag. But I just cannot bring myself to do wood.

Originally Posted By: getfoxyThanks gentleman. I like this one a lot.

Repete- I love wood on my guns but I can't get into it on my handle material on knives. Idk why. I do like the weathered bone, and some stag. But I just cannot bring myself to do wood.

Agree about Bone and Stag but a nice piece of wood that's been finished and sealed properly will outlast both of us too.

I "like" the looks of G2, Micarta, etc but I love" natural materials. Ain't saying they're better, I just prefer them.

Like I always say, "everyone likes what they like" no wrong answers.

Enjoy your new knife. I believe you have the custom knife bug.
wink.gif

That is a real dandy. Winston patterns are some of the best out there. I have to agree with Charlie, I also prefer organic scale material. I understand the leaning toward synthetic, but spalted or burled wood is so pleasing to my eye.
After all of that, that would be an easy knife for me to own.
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: getfoxyThanks k22.......I might spring for wood one day. Who knows!

I'm sure you won't regret it. Brad Watkins has 2 wood scales knives over on 24hr. that are just outstanding. I really like his work.

Back