NuT EaTErS

Wile E Coyotie

NuT EaTErS
What the Heck - next -
all taken with a suffocating bite to the end of its face \ nose or a small bite to the throat tearing it open -almost all are male ram lambs --only their nuts consumed --
i can only think fox ?-- so pls send me some feed back -- it happens only in the daylight too -when its hot and the sheep dog power is low cuz of the heat --

returning from a drive to the east side of Canada to visit my clan- i found my phone with messages re problems at the sheep pen -
in 15 days they lost 8 -all lambs--40 60 lbs range -

I have made 2 trips-since on the first run this old boy here come running up to me like Lassy -on TV - finding the treasure-of lamb in distress- quite distasteful #1041- Adult Male
sable straw -white sable --he tried to peek around the corner stone on me - to give me a little look and so with just a head silhouette to see --aim small - miss small -
looks like it is cauterized

2 days later -- ( another lamb is killed in between)-- I am amazed that the Big BLaCk Sheep Dog has not shown up as usuall to bark at me -- he must b sound asleep - and i am through the gate un-noticed
i got into position 3:00 pm - its 30 degrees C - almost 90 F) wind is blowing out of the south 25 klm --
i watch for along time as --i am still thinking FOX-- as the nut eater --

about 6 pm - i put out Meadow vole distress -- and just let it play -- every once and while switch it into coyote greeting howl-- to listen for response -at 75 mins-- my butt was getting sore and the constant whirling and buzzing of mosquitoes-- but knowing i got 3 more hours to sit -i get anxious - turn up the Prairie Blaster-- with Pup in Distress--
almost imediatly the big sheep dog shows up -on the run and silent like a F-18 to the call--

I am really caught off guard -cuz i am on the ground 60 yards from the box --- looking like coyote form - i think in his mind---- i have the box on short rope with carabiner hooked on the top fence line --
i shut it off when i seen him running in - but he had it zeroed and totally body slammed the fence line -exploding into the box with all his 150 lbs - getting a good whiff of my stink at the same time - standing there silent
- He about jumped out of his skin when i hit threat challenge -- full volume - and turned opening up about 100 yards distance barking constantly -

Then he spied me and come running -- at about 100 yards i stood up making my form present for him -other wise - he would bowl u over --
we have met before and he know -i carry thunder-- so it didn't take him long to bark his way into and over gone off the horizon ---

I think quickly about what just happened all that big dog barking and send out a pup in distress on full volume -- and sure enough here he comes - on a good trot to investigate --#1042 - Adult Alpha Male-

Sable Straw scrub sable--@ 165 yards sat down and started to beek off - his entrance -- -catching him clean centre - no more sheep for him --- 87 mins on stand

1689.gif

Changed to new HOM banner, but no pics in story, so...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job! As far as the nut eater, it could be one of the crazed femo Hillary supporters who fled north after the election.

Wow Wile, the first coyote picture looks very decieving. My minds eye instantly saw a second eye on its face, not the bullet hole.

Last edited:
Strange indeed. Something large enough to take make the kill but not have the time to get to the real meat before getting chased off. Kind of a smash and grab. Think your right with fox, but maybe some type of weasel, fisher?

Back