flx 500

sniper81

anyone got one looks like a good low end unit i have an alpha dogg which is ok but the sounds coming out of the 500 sound alot better

I'm interested to hear some reviews. I had Flextone echo which had great sounds just a little lite on volume. If this has the same sounds and remote works just as good as the echo, it should be a very good call for the money. Three 10 watt speakers should have plenty of volume.

Flextone FLX 500 Arrived yesterday. Here's a look and some of my thoughts and opinions on the call. The first thing I noticed about it is the weight. 5lbs would be my guess. The remote has 3 different display modes for different light conditions. It is very easy to navigate through the sounds list and the buttons are large and easy to press even with gloves. The favorite buttons are easy to set you select the sound and hold the fave utton down for 3 seconds and it's done. Remote runs on 3 AA batteries and has a loop at the bottom to attach to your call lanyard. The call has 3 speakers making it easy to project the sound in 3 different directions. 1 large horn speaker in the center and 2 cone speakers on the sides. A heavy rubber strap secures the side speakers when they aren't used and you can select which speakers play. Horn speaker only, all speakers, or side speakers only. I can only assume running all speakers will drain the batteries faster and don't have an estimated run time on a set of batteries. The call also has controls in case remote batteries die or remote is lost. 3 jacks on the rear of the call let you access the SD card, run auxiliary speaker, and USB port to change or add sounds. The caller is LOUD and the sounds are high quality. You can also add your own MP3 Sounds to the call. First impressions of the call is good heavy duty watertight construction, user friendly and simple controls great sounds. Some things I'm not crazy about are weight and the amount of batteries required to run the call. Will update as I get some field use and hopefully drop some fur with it this weekend.

i have been running an flx1000 for a few months now. i really like it, has not let me down. i run rechargable batteries in it for a full night no problem. i agree with the post above it is a little heavy. the flx 1000 actually has 5 speakers so i would guess battery life in the 500 would probably be even better. i used to run a crossfire
and do not regret changing one bit. The only call i would likely look to for an upgrade would be a shockwave. i have a chance to pick one up right now but cant quite bring myself to do it because i have no issues with mine. The only negative i have with the call is the calls are labelled weird. i do not like the names of the howls, etc. maybe im just used to foxpro. for example the group howl is labelled hunting whines?! if you have any questions feel free to message me id be glad to help

Last edited:
Back